Das help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Thinking of ordering this when it comes back in stock, seems very cheap for a DAS-6 pro with decent pads and compounds.

Just read the 55 page guide on detailing world and now feel a lot more confident.

DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher - Menzerna Intro. Kit

Just want it to get rid of some swirls and make the paint ‘pop’ a bit. I hate swirl marks, they honestly drive me insane.

Will it be suitable? :)

Thanks
Abs

Someone was up early shopping !

That one looks good and gets recommended quite alot on here. I nearly brought one last week as i have a few friends that want me to detail there cars but they were out of stock.

So i took that as a bit of a sign and took to Amazon (as one does) and have had my pointer hovering over a cheap one for a few days now my only worry being "by cheap by twice" but here it is.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J6J24X6/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

It's half the price and the reviews are good but i wonder how many are genuine lol.

I have a sealy one that i have had for over ten years and it has been worked HARD but i wouldn't use it for polishing as ten years worth of sanding forklifts and walls will drop out of it.

I have a DAS6-PRO which I bought to do a paint correction on my last car and it worked really well. I went with the Meguiar's polishes because the YouTube tutorial I watched recommended those, but I assume the Menzerna is the same kettle of fish. It took a lot longer than I had expected, spent 2.5 full days on it in the end, but it was on a BMW which is well known for having really hard paint and because the DAS6 is a DA polisher, it takes a while to get through it. On the other hand, because it was so slow there were no accidents and the finish was still excellent, just time consuming. I'm going to do the same on my C class as soon as I get a few days together. Good luck, don't forget to clay and decontaminate before you go near it with a polisher, make sure you have a game plan and you'll be delighted with the results!

Edit: I've just looked at that Amazon link; it wouldn't surprise me if that's basically exactly the same thing. I guess in terms of 'buy cheap buy twice' it really depends how much you use it...I've only had about 18 hours of use out of mine in the last year though... :)

I bought a DAS6-Pro ages ago and, like the person above, got the Meguiars kit with it, mainly because it came with Hex Logic pads.

I also bought it from Clean Your Car as they have a long standing reputation on most detailing forums. I found the polish average at best, but the pads are really good and stand up to a lot of (ab)use

I called ‘clean your car’ and he said it will probably be a few months till they get them back in stock :(

Anyone got on they’d loan me for say £25 for a day or two. I’d pay postage costs and send a deposit etc.

Drive to me.......drive to me..... drive to me..
1ce23c4e482150e8842a4c26a629d1ef--coronel-surat.jpg

I'll do it for ya...
e2bdacf9ccc89b2060a7d3bc2ecb35a9--im-happy-image-search.jpg

I was having a look over the weekend and the Das 6 seems to have been re-branded quite lot so they are available elsewhere although from the quick searches i was doing while hiding from the sun i didn't quite find a deal as good, by which i mean maybe £10 - £20 more expensive.

slime detailing world had an offer and gave 10% off by clicking on there site so a phone call may encourage a bit more. Dodo Juice and a few others of that ilk seem to have re branded the same Das 6.

I could be wrong but comparing pictures the shape and body of them looked the same to me. I didn't have time to go into the spec as i was paving all weekend and tending to my sunburn.

LOL i think you need to practice on his van :D

The pro and pro plus is rebranded aswell.

The das 6 pro plus has a similar spec to the rupes equivalent. I’m considering one as a back up for my rupes. I have the rupes lhr15 is it is a very capable machine. Having spent 10 years or so with a rotary polisher, I see great benefits with the newer style long throw da polishers. And for people that are new to the machine polishing game they are very user friendly.

Meguiars have a good da compound for use with their microfibre pads that works very well.

Good luck and have fun with the da

Cheap as chips.

Argos, Challenge-Dual Action Polisher only £47.99.

I've just ordered one and will see what it's like. Never used one before.

Cheap as chips.

Argos, Challenge-Dual Action Polisher only £47.99.

I've just ordered one and will see what it's like. Never used one before.

I've just reserved one too. It had good reviews so thought i'll give it a try :)

The Argos DA is surprisingly good actually. No complaints here for the price especially if you only have a couple of cars and won’t be using it continuously.
I bought some additional backing plates and ‘hexlogic’ pads from an eBay store.

I just went and picked it up it looks ok to be fair. I'll get online tonight and have a look at a few pads and polishes.

I'm not in any hurry as i have no time at the moment to start a day or more of detailing.

The Argos DA is surprisingly good actually. No complaints here for the price especially if you only have a couple of cars and won’t be using it continuously.
I bought some additional backing plates and ‘hexlogic’ pads from an eBay store.

Which pads did you get there are 100's on there? Got a link?

An argos DA won’t touch swirl marks on merc paint which is known to be “hard paint” but if your just after a quick polish then it will do the job.. if you want to correct merc paint you will need a more powerful and reliable DA e.g das6,das6 pro plus or the new force driven DA’s with the right cutting polishes n cutting pads.. buy cheap buy twice

An argos DA won’t touch swirl marks on merc paint which is known to be “hard paint” but if your just after a quick polish then it will do the job.. if you want to correct merc paint you will need a more powerful and reliable DA e.g das6,das6 pro plus or the new force driven DA’s with the right cutting polishes n cutting pads.. buy cheap buy twice

I'm very curious to find out as surely it would be more down to the pad and abrasiveness of the compound than the DA itself.

Have you tried it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom