dash board pixels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MJB33

Car
E240 & E320 CDi Saloon
Hi
The dash board pixels on my E240 W210 have gone,
is there any easy fix or do I change it for a second hand unit which will show the wrong mileage,
thanks
Martin

See your intro post.

You can also buy a repair kit from eBay if you are handy with a soldering iron.

Mine went from this

115932A9-9213-469A-813E-1A7D41BB44B8-554-0000004B1918176E.jpg

to this

84481201a71d2ea6e5a4f41c48773e8f_zps0a2e6339.jpg

By these people. http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/ They did it in 2 hours as I was in the area. Cost I think was circa £130. Would not bother with a used one..

Last edited:
Cluster repair in Enfield or Revtronic in Derby are both good depending where you are super fast turnaround and fair pricing

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Did mine myself, bit fiddly disassembly but there are good guides on this, but as said if you can solder, you can do this. I'm not expert and it is still working around 3 years later

Cluster repair in Enfield or Revtronic in Derby are both good depending

I've just spoken to both of these: Cluster Repair are not interested if you've already had a previous repair done, which is just a nonsense, and Revtronic don't keep 210 bits anymore and are not interested either. All they are prepared to do is transfer data from your original to a supplied replacement.

I also did mine myself, and I have done the same repair for a few others also. It takes about 1 hour all in and the cost was around £20 for a new set of ribbons. Both my external Temp and Gear/Time displays were at least 80% failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom