Dash Cam Hardwire C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jih2000

Car
C63 - Tuned
i need to wire in my dash cam as i lost my cig port to kwddc control. i just need a connection thats live when the engine is on, as it will connect to a dash battery it charges. would i need to rub cabling to the boot fuse box?

I’ve got the same problm on my X253 GLC. The best solution I’ve come up with so far is the possible use of the sunroof fuse in the passenger footwell area. All my fuses on the driver’s side of the dashboard appear to be permanently live.

Personally, I’m not too keen on trying to run the dashcam power feed all the way back from the boot area as I don't want to mess with the roof lining or carpets. Can anyone else suggest a solution for an ignition only live feed for the dash cam?

Glovebox light is a switch live on the glc , purple plug at the bottom left of glovebox itself , you want the black wire . Remove the underdash panel to access the plug

Brilliant! Thank you GAV. That should make the job much easier. :- )

My kit is a cellink b. I just wired it into the cigarette lighter but had forgotten it had hardwire accessories. ill have a go and put up a guide if anyone is interested.

My kit is a cellink b. I just wired it into the cigarette lighter but had forgotten it had hardwire accessories. ill have a go and put up a guide if anyone is interested.
I +1 the celllink, which is a wonderful piece of kit. A guide would indeed be useful. Mine is hardwired and rests in the hidden compartment in the boot. It is set to only draw power when the car ignition is on and powers my dash cam for hours on end when in parking mode .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom