Dash cam suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Germgh0st - how did you get it, including the battery pack, for so cheap? The battery pack alone is £250, no?

The new model is the X, but it's not that different to the S.

@Germgh0st - how did you get it, including the battery pack, for so cheap? The battery pack alone is £250, no?

The new model is the X, but it's not that different to the S.

Looking at current prices I don't know, the DR900S 2ch and Power Magic Pro box is currently available for £480 but that's without fitting... I must have got quite a good deal there :)

Looks great - do you have the hardware kit? How long does the recording last with that?

How does buffered parking mode work?
Mines hardwired to the fuse box in the boot.

Recordings last as long as you want if you save them, if not then they will just keep overwriting themselves. The bigger the card you put in the more it will hold before being overwritten.

Parking mode is activated as soon as you turn the car off. The unit goes into low power consumption mode and only turns on and records if it senses an impact or loud noise. It has a battery protect built in so if the car battery drops below a certain voltage then it will stop drawing power all together.

I've ordered a viofo A119 v3 regarded as the best budget dash cam by many reviews I've read online

I plan to hardwire it for parking mode, does anyone know which 2 fuses i need to tap into for the constant power and ignition?

W204 c250 mercedes

Last edited:
I've ordered a viofo A119 v3 regarded as the best budget dash cam by many reviews I've read online

I plan to hardwire it for parking mode, does anyone know which 2 fuses i need to tap into for the constant power and ignition?

W204 c250 mercedes

I would use a couple of fuse taps and then use any two suitable locations. I used the rear fuse box and ran a longer USB cable to the front which was really straightforward.

I would use a couple of fuse taps and then use any two suitable locations. I used the rear fuse box and ran a longer USB cable to the front which was really straightforward.

I've purchased the hardwire kit as below, plan is to use a fuse tap but if anyone knows which 2 fuses to tap into the rear boot that would be great. The red needs to be connected to constant power and the yellow to an ignition feed and the black to any ground

I am with @Germgh0st on the BV dashcams. I have both front and rear fitted to both our cars, none have the magic pro box, the installer recommending not fitting them due to battery drain, as he was currently being asked to remove them from peoples cars! TBH I wish I just ignored him and made him fit them, but hey ho.
They are most definitely on the pricier side of the dash cam market, no doubt about that, but you only need it to work the once IMO for it to be worthwhile.

The footage captured is much better than others I contemplated. Given the price point, you would think you would get cloud subscriptions thrown in, especially if you have multiple sets of cameras, but no! If you have more than one set on the account, you need to pay for subscriptions.

@MrLCA looking your profile pic is it a w204 c250 you have? I have the same could you possibly tell me which 2 fuses you tapped into the rear boot fuse box?

Cheers

@MrLCA looking your profile pic is it a w204 c250 you have? I have the same could you possibly tell me which 2 fuses you tapped into the rear boot fuse box?

Cheers
Here's a picture of the fuse box in the boot. I think the top one is switched ignition and the bottom one is permanent. Could be wrong. Best way is to grab a cheap multi-meter or a circuit tester chap.

The third one is for a cheapo tracker so ignore that one.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201223-171736.jpg
    Screenshot_20201223-171736.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 12
Here's a picture of the fuse box in the boot. I think the top one is switched ignition and the bottom one is permanent. Could be wrong. Best way is to grab a cheap multi-meter or a circuit tester chap.

The third one is for a cheapo tracker so ignore that one.

Hope this helps.

Great thanks! Will fit it tomorrow and report back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom