Dash cam wiring advise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jas1st

Car
C220
hi, I have a w204 with the annoying fixed rear seats. I want to hard wire my dashcam into the fuse box but the only fuse box is in the boot (pain in the butt !) any suggestions about wiring route as I can't see a direct hole from the cabin to the boot ?

cheers

I removed the 12v socket (very easy to do) in the dash and tapped a wire into the +ve feed, then ran that wire over the top of the glovebox to the panel by the passenger door. There's plenty of places there you can connect the -ve feed to.

You can fit an inline fuse there if you need to or an inline 12v socket and USB adaptor depending on what your cam uses.

From there its easy to tuck the camera cable behind the door rubber up the A pillar.

video here on how to remove 12 lighter socket. The +ve is the pink wire. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgcqi0AI7fg

there is access from the side of the seat. I have fixed seats in a w212 and managed to fish the rvc wire through from the boot. It was a bit tight though and needs to be done from the boot side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom