Dash Cam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g5und

Car
C63 Edition 507 AMG Coupe
Has anyone fitted a dash cam to their car? Having looked at plenty of reviews I think I'm set on having the Thinkware F770 front/rear camera hardwired into my new C63S Coupe.

Only thing I'm a little unsure of is having the adhesive mount stuck to my windscreen...

I use Blackvue as this is most smart looking one i find. Works very well. Sticker comes of easy with a little heat from the windshield.

I use taiwanese made Transcend dashcam purchased off Amazon, a bit pricey and it only likes MCL flash memory cards but it's very good. Thousands of positive reviews. I especially like the night videos, it's very clear and it captures the number plate without any issues.

ph47mf said:
I use taiwanese made Transcend dashcam purchased off Amazon, a bit pricey and it only likes MCL flash memory cards but it's very good. Thousands of positive reviews. I especially like the night videos, it's very clear and it captures the number plate without any issues.

Done the same and works a treat also when in for service

I have the NextBase version on my wife's and the BlackVue one on mine. I can't tell any difference in the quality of the images. What I would say is the BlackVue is very discrete. A got a black marker pen on the NextBase one to black out the logo etc on the front so you can't see it from the outside. My choice would be the BlackVue but I'm not sure it warrants the extra cash.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll take a look into the recommendations. Cheers.

Hi All
I have the BlackVue 650 fitted it's a great cam & has built in wifi so you can view videos on your phones , Also if you have a mobile wifi hot spot you can view the dashcam from your phone over the cloud & see where you have parked your car on a map or see where the wife has gone in your car ( tut) . It also sends you a txt message if there has been an impact . so I have installed a EE mifi using a power magic unit & they are both powered 24/7 . It's the future with dashcams etc , As alittle extra I can connect my mobile to the mifi & have dab radio blue toothed on the cars head-unit . So the problem is now with dashcams they can give you extra options .

Cheers

Andy

I recently bought a Prestigio 565 GPS.
I had an earlier Prestigio model up to then but wanted something more compact.
Saw the 565 GPS and didn't hesitate.
Great design - similar to BlackVue.

For the price and functions, you'd be hard pushed to find a better one, in my opinion.

HD & Super HD
Motion sensor
Still camera
Infra Red
Mic
GPS (can be turned on/off)
Lane Assist
G-sensor (adjustable)
Speed camera detector
Takes 64G memory cards
Multitude of settings
Suction mount
Adjustable OSD
Auto record upon starting engine.

Also comes with software that allows you to view footage while also track movements and live data on google maps (movement, speed, G, altitude etc)
You can also edit/cut footage.

One thing I wanted was the ability to turn loop recording on/off, because I wanted the dash cam for road trips more than insurance purposes.
Got some stunning footage of my road trip earlier this year.

Prestigio's also record large, 30min segments. Not the usual 5min chunks you get with most witness cams.

Most countries ban the use of live camera detectors etc.
This dash cam is safe to use abroad as it does not pick up cameras by radar. It uses known data to alert of cameras, so no fear of getting it confiscated.

Really pleased with this cam.

Attachments

• Prestigio 565 GPS.jpg
    Prestigio 565 GPS.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 36
I recently bought a Prestigio 565 GPS.
I had an earlier Prestigio model up to then but wanted something more compact.
Saw the 565 GPS and didn't hesitate.
Great design - similar to BlackVue.

For the price and functions, you'd be hard pushed to find a better one, in my opinion.

HD & Super HD
Motion sensor
Still camera
Infra Red
Mic
GPS (can be turned on/off)
Lane Assist
G-sensor (adjustable)
Speed camera detector
Takes 64G memory cards
Multitude of settings
Suction mount
Adjustable OSD
Auto record upon starting engine.

Also comes with software that allows you to view footage while also track movements and live data on google maps (movement, speed, G, altitude etc)
You can also edit/cut footage.

One thing I wanted was the ability to turn loop recording on/off, because I wanted the dash cam for road trips more than insurance purposes.
Got some stunning footage of my road trip earlier this year.

Prestigio's also record large, 30min segments. Not the usual 5min chunks you get with most witness cams.

Most countries ban the use of live camera detectors etc.
This dash cam is safe to use abroad as it does not pick up cameras by radar. It uses known data to alert of cameras, so no fear of getting it confiscated.

Really pleased with this cam.

You actually stick that to your car!:eek: Carry on like that Rash and soon you will stoop to using water on it too:doh:
would like to see the footage of your road trip though...or just the soundtrack:thumb:

Tony.

You actually stick that to your car!:eek: Carry on like that Rash and soon you will stoop to using water on it too:doh:
would like to see the footage of your road trip though...or just the soundtrack:thumb:

Tony.

lol

Yeah, it's up there on the screen :eek:

But never water!

I'm happy to have the dash cam up there.
I want to keep a library of road trips.
I'll see if can post up some footage.
May have to chop own some of the footage because they are large and may exceed limit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom