Dash cams and video security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLA180SPORT

Car
CLA 180
We all know that coming back to your car after it being parked in a carpark only to find someone has hit your door or scuffed your bumper is infuriating.

Does anyone know of a camera system that could record a 360 degree view around your car, effectively creating a secure proximity around the vehicle, thus recording anyone doing any damage to the car?

I know dashcams exist but they dont record front, back and sides of the car.

You could use four cameras with wide angle lenses covering each area.

If you find something then please let us know
I'm paranoid about where and how I park because of the same fears

Andy

Yes actually - I saw one yesterday on fleabay that had 3x 120 degree cameras designed to cover 120 degrees.

Let me see if I can dig it up...

Right, can't find it. I will look again later. It was one of the mirror shaped things, with two cameras in front at angles and one pointed backwards.

The advert listed information about it being 360 degree - but I can't find it, which is annoying.

M

But at least something exists. eBay here I come.

Was it small and inconspicuous or big and garish?

Just leave the wife in the car.

The OP wants 360 degree coverage not Tunnel vision

I don't think that would pick up a car pulling up to the side of me and whacking his door into mine though. But thanks.

I was responding to Spinals 360 degree comment, I should have quoted him. To achieve what you want you might have to double the hard wear, the one in the my link does have 3 cameras.

Dec

But at least something exists. eBay here I come.

Was it small and inconspicuous or big and garish?

Big and garish - 2 front cameras and one rear, but all built into the unit and each pointing at different angles.

I discounted it from my search as I just wanted a simple front facing thing, and now am struggling to find it again.

I am still looking for something (with a battery, so it'll record a minute or so after the ignition is powered off), so I may stumble across it again...

M.

So Mercedes don't offer a dash cam even with the two Cameras behind the re view mirror ,
There must be a way to get these cameras to record ?

What ypu really need is a 4 camera car PVR with its own rechargeable battery.

Then you could attach almost any camera to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom