Dash cams come in handy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
The wife took the car for a service today and picked it up after work but when I got home I noticed it had been cleaned but also noticed the front towing eye cover was missing and the bumper all creased :eek:

Clean car with two little specs of light blue paint near the damage.....hmmmm. I'd fitted a dash cam a few weeks ago so started looking at the footage and after the car had been serviced it went for a scratch and shine wash and I found the culprit!! Mr polski had entered the bay a little too wide and bang followed by oh f*uck.

Him and his mate had a look at the front and said NOTHING the little fookers :mad: ooooohh I cant wait to go back tomorrow :devil:

Well after some of the comments on here about invasion of privacy using dashcams when the car is serviced I am surprised you didn't disconnect it during that period ;)

Should be interesting tomorrow.....:thumb:

Sorry to hear about your car but at least it won't be you shelling out for repairs, so some good news. But have to say, I'm also sorry too that it requires a camera to prove culpability.

There should be cameras everywhere....oh, wait they are...

Was that a Polish-registered car, or a Polish driver, or a Polski? If the latter, it won't be insured; a £5 premium would be more than the car was worth.

Good luck with sorting it out, anyway.

Well it's all a bit strange.

I arrived at 9am and went straight into the office "good morning are you ok" not really and the front of my cars not at it's best either I replied. Hands up straight away that the car was damaged.

So when the wife picked the car up from the garage last night it was closed and she used the spare key to start it and drive home, no mention from the car wash guys who were still there that they had damaged it. The garage owner also failed to inform me the car was damaged by phone call after it happened as he was about to close for the night :dk: did they think I wasn't going to notice it??

Anyway, met the wife at lunchtime and popped to a bodyshop that has refurbed wheels and repaired stone chips for me in the past. Price for new bumper and spraying comes in at £1012.96 so straight back to the car wash with the quote and the boss was out but I showed one of the guys the price and his face dropped and said his friend can do it much cheaper. Er........I don't think so, your lucky I didn't take it to a main dealer.

I now have to go back tomorrow to sort it all out, hopefully without too much hassle.

Not great footage at night as he never switched the wipers on, all the clips are 60 seconds long and at one point there were 6 or 7 people looking at it for a good 10 minutes.

[YOUTUBE]11hbcUwW--o[/YOUTUBE]

Irrefutable!

I think you caught a UFO on there..............

An unidentified foreign object?

Can't beat listening to The Housemartins while driving into posts in the rain.

Driving a customers car, in the dark, raining, with wipers off:crazy:

I think you might be able to tweak the video to up the contrast and get a little more detail.

>£1000 for a new bumper + spraying + labour (of course) seems a tad on the expensive side, no?

>£1000 for a new bumper + spraying + labour (of course) seems a tad on the expensive side, no?

No... I was quotes £1900 when I damaged my Porsche bumper.

I'm guessing they've got a legitimate claim that your wipers don't work. You may even have put their employee at risk by expecting him to drive a car with inadequate visibility. Whoever did it is probably already back across the Channel.

I'm guessing they've got a legitimate claim that your wipers don't work. You may even have put their employee at risk by expecting him to drive a car with inadequate visibility.

Maybe - but they didn't stop and refuse to drive it the second they were aware the wipers didn't work...

Pretty sure OP said they hadn't turned them on; not that they didn't work.

Jeesh! Is this thread full of Americans. who don't understand irony or even sarcasm?

I'll get my coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom