Dash cams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MKopec88

Car
2015 Mercedes C Class Estate Premium Plus
Any recommendations for dashcams? My merc estate won't have the 360 cam.

My previous car got dinged in a car park a few days after I bought it. No cameras around and no dash cam so the person took off.

I'd like something that can record front and back but also has the shock sensor so will automatically start recording if someone hits my merc when I'm parked.

I've got a front and back cameras from BlackVue and I bought some for the other half too.

They have the shock sensing if you get a high enough model.

Very happy with them.

If you are considering running them all the time via the shock, they probably won't record all the time but you may need the battery pack anyways as Mercs are a bit sensitive to lower voltages.

Not had anything juicy on them yet in just over a year.

Not cheap and cheaper options are available.

+1 for the Balckvue, I have them in all three of our cars. Front and rear. I have the DR750 2CH in the CLK, not sure it's really worth the extra money but the wifi could be a benefit for some.

I buy them from a seller that does refurb units as they are a good cost saving over the standard price. Come packed as new with all the clips and bits and not had an issue with them at all. Their shop is here: Blackvue DR750S-2CH (32GB) Front & Rear Dash Cam Wi-Fi GPS Full HD - Refurbished | eBay

I would suggest getting their PowerMagic device too, you can pick them up pretty reasonably and it is configurable to shut down at certain battery voltage. You can get some interesting results while searching for Power magic on eBay too :).

I did do a post on mine when I put it in and you can see the sort of video from it although YouTube does crush the quality a bit as it re-encodes the video so take it with a pinch of salt. Front and rear dash cam in CLK cabriolet with pics | Electronics and Audio

Garmin 55.
You can load speed cameras onto it as well.
It’s very small and compact.

I use Nextbase ...it performed well in reviews expecially at night which is important.

However I take the camera out when I leave the car when I park the car in fear that someone will break in to the car purely to steal the dashcam, as it is not discreet.

I also have the front and rear BlackVue DR750 set up in my car.

Exceptional quality pictures and full parking sensor cover included.

I have the Viofo A129 duo.
Excellent camera with parking feature and shock sensors.
Available on Amazon.
If you want any camera to stay live when parked then consider using a portable power bank and you can reacharge it whilst driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom