Dash Lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OGiii

Car
W211 E200 K - they don't make em like they used to, which is why it's been replaced with a 911 :)
Could anybody with a W202 please tell me whether the 'Exterior Lights' knob should be illuminated.

I was out in Mrs OG's last night and nothing to the right of the steering wheel was lit up - had to turn the interior light on to see it which seemed a little odd.

Cheers
OG

nope - doesn't light up. Its painted rather than backlit - to avoid a reflection in the wing mirror.

This topic has been covered before - a modification might be possible - the W210 switch lights up.

S.

Originally posted by sym
This topic has been covered before - a modification might be possible - the W210 switch lights up.
I am looking into this mod, the w210 is quite different around the lights dial though, it's more modern looking and more curved. The w140 and w124 also have illuminated lights dials and the w124 panel especially is a very similar shape (rectangular and flat ;) ). Would still be a mission to fit though!

Originally posted by sym
nope - doesn't light up. Its painted rather than backlit - to avoid a reflection in the wing mirror.

S.

Thanks Sym

I wouldn't bother modding it - when it's your own car you know where everything is anyway. It just seems a bit odd that it's not illuminated, I was concerned that the light had gone.

Cheers
OG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom