dash not working in clk200 w209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
call me rgds steve

**update** actronics have repaired cluster, you were right jay, a module within it had gone, they have replaced that module and its all fine now, boxermotorworks should receive it back tomorrow by fedex, cost was £110 to repair so alot cheaper than the new unit avenue, thanks everyone for all advice

I went to get into my car this evening - I initially felt something was not quite right when I pressed the button on the fob to unlock the car. Usually my lights all come on - tonight only the internal lights did. Then I started the car and my steering wheel did not move down into position and the dash board looked dead. No lights anywhere.

Did anyone get this sorted in the end?

I spoke to my local dealers today (Vikings of Canterbury) who advised to try out my spare key. This appears to work fine - apart from lowering the steering wheel into position. He thinks it could be a case of just replacing the batteries in the key fobs.

My only worry is that this sounds like it could become expensive from the previous comments so I'd rather get it sorted straight away as I've still got 6 months left on my MB warranty.

surely someone on here has experienced a similar problem? ir is it actually that rare
Yes me, just gone to mine now, dashboard black, everything else ok??????

Yes me, just gone to mine now, dashboard black, everything else ok??????
How did you solve your dashboard problem?. Mine works but the instrument back lights have failed (no mph number etc lit) after being parked up for a week in the cold.

Barry

has anyone experienced problem with dash in clk - i have a 2004 clk200 -

the dash has totally failed nothing whatsoever works on it, no lighting nothing at all, it is totally dead -

car starts on the button drives fine, radio works, indicators work lights work everything works exept the dash, any ideas??

many thanks

SOLUTION AS FOLLOWS :-
if you dismantle the dash board, Behind the speedometer there is a printed circuit (with transistors, capacitors, resistors, ICs etc).
This is damaged. You have to replace it.

Cost in Sparta (Greece) for USED one is Euro 150.- plus Euro 100.- in order to be programmed.
Guarantee for one year.

Hope above is of help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom