Dash rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
I done this mod for my mate today

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Originally posted by Brian WH
Only Quite nice Graham--Looks Brilliant to me.:bannana: :bannana:

Yes agree, but as you will notice from my totally standard car, it takes a lot to inspire me and I could see those on my car. Won't do it though!

Koolvin - where were those dash rings from?

Having removed my cluster last night to change a bulb, I now feel confident enough to attempt this one !

Difficulty rating 1-10 ?

S.

if you can remove your cluster then difficulty rating is 1. if you cant remove your cluster then 10.

ok - feeling even more confident now! (I got hold of the proper MB tools to remove the cluster).... so where do I get the rings from ?

S.

matrixcar.de

how did you get the cluster out without taking off your steering wheel - what I mean is without damaging your dash.

ahhhhh.... well I was wondering the same thing myself when I got it about 2 thirds of the way out..... lets just say you have to experiment with angles and eventually it slides out sideways and upwards to the left !

No damage - and it was much easier to get back in.

S.

Wood dial facia & Chrome Dials

Can you help?????

I have an 1991 E320 Estate avantgarde and purchased a burr walnut inner surround and chrome rings - however the unit seems to be a sealed unit so they can't be put inside - have you got any ideas to help? :confused:

Its not sealed.

There are 5 clips - and you may find that there's a sticker / barcode holding the two parts together. Cut carefully down the middle of this sticker with a sharp blade, and you should find it comes apart :)

S.

Just wanted to say that Sym does this very well indeed, and I am still looking with pleasure at my new chrome rings. Thanks again, Sym. :bannana: :D :bannana:

sym said:
Its not sealed.

There are 5 clips - and you may find that there's a sticker / barcode holding the two parts together. Cut carefully down the middle of this sticker with a sharp blade, and you should find it comes apart :)

S.

U R Welcome Sean ! And very nice they look on the Sport Dials too :D :D

If anybody else wants this job doing at the GTG, just let me know ;)

S.

Steve_Perry said:
We need piccies!!

See the top of this thread . . . . . Sean's look exactly the same !

S.

Nonsense! Mine looks much better :D :D :D since I look at them when I'm driving :bannana: :rock: :bannana:

I would post pictures, but am still in the dark ages as do not possess digital camera.

sym said:

S.

sym said:
Koolvin - where were those dash rings from?

Having removed my cluster last night to change a bulb, I now feel confident enough to attempt this one !

Difficulty rating 1-10 ?

S.

Me as well , it must be bulb change week.......Did you use the correct tool or push it from behind from under the dashboard?? I did it the second way as instructed by MB

edit just reread thread, Syms got the proper tool. MB told me that it you undo the screws that hold the lower dash panel up you can push the cluster out by hand. Which you can! Syms technique for getting out around the steering wheel is dead right, tilt, twist and out to the left!! :bannana:

Last edited:
sym said:

S.
I meant piccies of Sean's install :p but I take your point :D
C240Sport97 said:
Nonsense! Mine looks much better :D :D :D since I look at them when I'm driving :bannana: :rock: :bannana:

I would post pictures, but am still in the dark ages as do not possess digital camera.
I'll just have to be patient then :)

S.

E320 wood facia and chrome dash rings

sym said:
Its not sealed.

S.

Thanks Sym,

I can see how you would get the chrome rings in the unit, however I have got the rings actually attached to a burr walnut facia plate that fits over the whole rear panel -I think the front clear plastic panel needs to be taken off - can this be done? and if so do you know anyone near the Heathrow Airport area that could fit it for me, the last person who said they could just cracked the clear plastic front and had to replace the whole unit - they were the ones told me it was a sealed unit

I'll be around Heathrow Airport on Tuesday if you want me to have a look . . . PM / mail me if you want to meet up.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom