Dash Safety Camara

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanuk400

Car
2018 W222 Mercedes S-Class LWB & 2006 R171 SLK 55AMG
Hi

I am thinking of fitting this in my 2007 W251,
HD 720P Mini Car Dash Camera DVR Video Recorder Smallest Camcorder G-sensor TFX | eBay
To have it viewing through my Comand, is this the lead I need
RCA female to Fakra Z jack pigtail cable RG174 | eBay

I think I have Comand NTG2.5 in my car, I have a video button but no video fitted, does it plug into the green socket at the back and would it be plug and play when I press the video button or does it need to be set up by star.

Also, does anyone have instructions to remove the Comand system from the dash if this is will work

Many Thanks in advance

Alan

Attachments

• Comand Back.jpg
    Comand Back.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Ah, didn't think about video cutting out when moving, thanks
I suppose it could be used for playback and setting it up, or does anyone have any other ideas

Alan

Last edited:
You can mke your own lead or buy them on ebay. Will need STAR coding to enable. Just search for 'ntg2.5 rear seat entertainment'.

If you do a search you should find the previous thread about this connector. It had the parts numbers listed for the plug (that goes into the back of the Comand unit) you need to make your own lead.

Edit: Actually no need. I was sure I kept a copy of the info, found it.

centre multi pin video input - Video Pin 1, Gnd. Pin 2.
Part numbers for video connector:
housing: A0005454230 and A0015454840
pins: A0165454126
PIN 1 Video IN signal
PIN 2 Video In GND
PIN 4 Audio in Left
PIN 5 Video Out Signal
PIN 6 Video Out GND
PIN 8 Audio Out GND
PIN 9 Audio Out Left
PIN 12 audio IN GND
PIN 13 Audio In Right
PIN 18 Audio Out Right

Last edited:
Many Thanks for that info, so as I understand it I only need Pin 1 & 2 connected and then who ever is going to Star it does as follows:-
"You need to code as follows (all in different sub-menus of the coding)
MOST ring OFF
UCI Off
Video AUX on."
I got this from searching back, thanks Richard)

Alan

Last edited:
I use one of these or something very similar to enable video whilst on the move (not that I ever have a DVD playing whilst driving....... honest !!)

I looked at the camera in the OP and it's useless, in the event of an accident if the camera gets disconnected from the power you loose the footage of the last x minutes. It says it has battery back up and saves the footage but it doesn't I have one and tried it, you just lose everything on the particular batch it is recording. I've tried a few out there and none of them are much cop including backvue and the other semi pro stuff. Think I'm going to go with a custom build installation you can get all the bits from RS components quite cheaply but depends if you want gps or not as then it gets a little more complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom