Dashcam - A Hinderance For Performance Car Drivers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Let's say you enjoy the "occasional" spirited drive and have a dashcam fitted.

Let's also say you leave it running because that's what you bought it for.

Good - you're filming your driving which will show how events unfolded in front of you :thumb:.

Bad - you're filming your driving which will show how events unfolded in front of you :mad:.

Would you fit a dashcam to a performance car?

Yes I would. In fact I think I'm going to.

That little SD card comes out quite easily ;)

Let's say you enjoy the "occasional" spirited drive and have a dashcam fitted.

Let's also say you leave it running because that's what you bought it for.

Good - you're filming your driving which will show how events unfolded in front of you :thumb:.

Bad - you're filming your driving which will show how events unfolded in front of you :mad:.

Already have :)

What I need to know is it ok to wire into the dome light on the ceiling?

Never, not to any car.

There's only two reasons to fit one; vanity or paranoia.

Yes I would. In fact I think I'm going to.

That little SD card comes out quite easily ;)

Indeed...in an accident the police can get it out easily.

I don't have one...too afraid of what I may be recorded doing.

And one reason not to; fear.

Fear of providing evidence for the prosecution...

Indeed...in an accident the police can get it out easily.

I don't have one...too afraid of what I may be recorded doing.

If you were to do anything "illegal" surely you would remove it first.

Obviously though nobody on this whole forum speeds.

I have one. I don't record actual speed but I'm sure it can easily be calculated.
If I ever thought of doing something a bit naughty there is the option to pull the plug out:D

If you were to do anything "illegal" surely you would remove it first.

Obviously though nobody on this whole forum speeds.

If you had the chance yes...but in the event of an incident caused by you...the evidence might be there for all to see.

If you had the chance yes...but in the event of an incident caused by you...the evidence might be there for all to see.

If an incident was caused by me it would be pretty clear and therefore camera would make no odds. In any case if it's my fault it's my fault.

Fault and non fault claims both increase insurance so who cares.

Please find below a quote from the Blackvue website. No comment...

How can an SD card get worn out?
An SD card gets worn out when it goes through many read-write cycles which may cause errors. Those errors unaddressed may seriously damage an SD card. So, we recommend to format your SD card using our SD Formatter every week or at least every 2-3 weeks. Also after formatting it is strongly recommended to update the firmware. And always switch off the power prior to taking the SD card out of your BlackVue.

Not fitting one is out of fear? Fear of what?

Fear of being caught doing something you shouldn't be? :dk:

I don't see how it is considered "vanity"?

I have front & rear, they've been invaluable in reducing the number of 'crash for cash' scams where people slam on, or helping to prove innocence in accidents for many people

So the plan is - when arrested at the scene of the accident by police - to remove the SD card and... what? Swallow it?

On another note... I think that at some point of time in the future manufcatuter will start fitting recording dashcams all around as standard. Or at least as a factory-fitted option.

On another note... I think that at some point of time in the future manufcatuter will start fitting recording dashcams all around as standard. Or at least as a factory-fitted option.

Exactly! In terms of technology, my car has already everything I need (360° camera, GPS, HDD and SD card slot), but all those components do not work together, which is why I had to buy a Blackvue dr650gw-2ch.
I am happy with my purchase, but in a way I feel like I have paid twice for the same things.

I have a dashcam fitted, front and rear. As well as the obvious benefits, I also feel it makes me a better driver. Less likely to speed or take risky manoeuvres.

The parking mode is also useful for car parks and when parking in not-so-desirable areas.

I have a dashcam fitted, front and rear. As well as the obvious benefits, I also feel it makes me a better driver. Less likely to speed or take risky manoeuvres.

The parking mode is also useful for car parks and when parking in not-so-desirable areas.

It's an idiot deterrent too. My neighbour has put front and rears in his M6. He said as soon as people spot it they don't tailgate or drove like idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom