Dashcam position.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sheffield Col

Car
Mercedes 2014, C Class 220 Diesel Automatic Blutec W205
Hi has anyone installed a Nextbase 522 dashcam, or any dashcam for that matter, if so what is the best position to fit it i.e. to one side or behind the rear view mirror, or below the rear view mirror ? any tips would be appreciated. thank you.

Hi has anyone installed a Nextbase 522 dashcam, or any dashcam for that matter, if so what is the best position to fit it i.e. to one side or behind the rear view mirror, or below the rear view mirror ? any tips would be appreciated. thank you.
It should be hidden from the drivers view so depending upon your rear view motto set up, either of the following may be possible:

1. Mount it behind the rear view mirror offset from Centre towards e passenger side.

2. Mount it directly behind the rear view mirror if it is still concealed from the driver’s view.

I just installed a 122 into my W204. You can't have it on the drivers side at all, I went with to the left of the mirror. I can't see the screen when I'm driving, so that's fine by me.

Check where you fusebox is if you are hard wiring. I didn't have the dash fuse box on the drivers side when I did mine.

I went from the underneath of the 12v socket in the ashtray, up underneath the kick plate under the glove box. Then up the side behind the door seal, into the passenger A-pillar, then along the headlining to plug into the mount.

Cable routing was fun, you have to go to the end plate in the centre console (rear passenger end) and remove the trim piece and take out the two nuts holding it down, then lift the console or you won't get a gap to feed the cable. Once that was done, the rest took about 10mins. Connected and works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't install a nextbase in anything other than a wheely bin. I had three and they all failed under warranty, now have a Blackvue and it works brilliantly. More money but a far better bit of kit.

I agree with Bobby Dazzler, the screen must be out of the driver’s eyesight. We’ve used both of these positionings- on mine it’s to the left (RHD) of the mirror, on Mrs B’s it’s behind the mirror.

On the 3 wheeler, neither is possible, so I taped over the camera’s screen, leaving just a tiny corner uncovered, just enough to see that it was working.

Thanks for all replies, I have worked out a good location just waiting for hard wire kit, then it's all go.

Thanks for all replies, I have worked out a good location just waiting for hard wire kit, then it's all go.
If you have to use the 12v cables under the Ash tray, I've got a box of inline fuse holders. Give me a shout buddy

Hace unos meses compre un kit de luces interiores para mi c220 bluetec modelo w205.
La conexión la hice en las puertas como me dijo el vendedor.
el producto lo compre en aliexpress y de primeras funciono, al poco rato se apaga si lo desconecto y lo vuelvo a conectar al panel de la puerta del piloto hace exactamente igual, enciende y al poco rato vuelve a apagarse ..
¿A alguien le ha sucedido ...?
gracias

Hace unos meses compre un kit de luces interiores para mi c220 bluetec modelo w205.
La conexión la hice en las puertas como me dijo el vendedor.
el producto lo compre en aliexpress y de primeras funciono, al poco rato se apaga si lo desconecto y lo vuelvo a conectar al panel de la puerta del piloto hace exactamente igual, enciende y al poco rato vuelve a apagarse ..
¿A alguien le ha sucedido ...?
gracias

Cannot be any OEM accessory. Probably works like most aliexpress kits do unfortunately. Claim your money back if still possible.

I've got mine in the middle about 6 inches from the dash . I never look at it . Tried a hardwire kit , no ign lives drivers side of dash ,so just use fag lighter cable.

The fact is that there are people who say that it works for them ...

Quite possible, some are lucky. Please tell more about the product, if it is no OEM option, I think you would best get help from the seller unless someone identifies the product and could help here out of personal experience.

Quite possible, some are lucky. Please tell more about the product, if it is no OEM option, I think you would best get help from the seller unless someone identifies the product and could help here out of personal experience.
The seller is a scoundrel. He has been putting me off for like 6 months and 6a has blocked me ...

The seller is a scoundrel. He has been putting me off for like 6 months and 6a has blocked me ...
The fact is that first it works and after a while it stops working but if you disconnect it from the mirror plug on the driver's side and reconnect it, reconnect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom