Dashcam Wiring Locations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanFM

Car
2019 CLS 350
Hey All, I have a 2019 CLS and I'm looking to add a Dashcam. Any advice on where to find both a switched and non switched 12v. Would there be one around the sunroof switch area? Or where are the fuse boxes? I cant seem to find this info anywhere for this model. Thanks

Hey All, I have a 2019 CLS and I'm looking to add a Dashcam. Any advice on where to find both a switched and non switched 12v. Would there be one around the sunroof switch area? Or where are the fuse boxes? I cant seem to find this info anywhere for this model. Thanks
Your cars manual gives the fuse box locations .

It’s easy to route the power cable down to the dashboard, tuck it up behind the roof lining and door seal, and use the dashboard fuse location.

Try either end of the dash, there's a removable panel.

Your cars manual gives the fuse box locations .
I dont have the manual. The previous owner appears to have either lost it or kept it. Otherwise, I would have looked there!

It’s easy to route the power cable down to the dashboard, tuck it up behind the roof lining and door seal, and use the dashboard fuse location.
Thanks for that, I'm okay with routing the cable. I just cannot find the fuse box locations. The dashboard is a big enough area.

I dont have the manual. The previous owner appears to have either lost it or kept it. Otherwise, I would have looked there!
Believe it or not buddy , most people don’t even think to look in the manual . I was just gently suggesting it to a new member ;)

Thank you. I'm going to open both ends and look for a fusebox behind them now. Appreciate that.
I wired my CLK dashcam into the back of the front ciggy lighter wiring . I bought a new ciggy lighter with wires attached from eBay , then connected it to the existing wiring behind the dash . The advantage being it’s already fused and you don’t have to cut the plug from the dashcam cable .
Its ignition live .
My E class I routed the cable to the boot fuse box and hardwired it into an unused rear wiper slot .

I've just done my c207 . Passenger side down to a light bulb in the glovebox ign live . Not a one to be found inside the end panel.

if your CLS is anything like the w213 E-class , then the fuse box at the end of the dash/footwell will only be a permenant live. Switched fuses will be in the rear fusebox and certain fuse locations under the bonnet.

Ive yet to wire up my road angel but will take the switched live from the rear fusebox.

I took my supply from the courtesy light console, I used a decent screened cable cut short to help stop interference on FM and DAB.
The dashcam comes on as soon as the car is unlocked and stays on a few minutes after locking, it works perfect.
Unfortunately I still get interference when using the radio as I believe the aerial is in the windscreen.

dashcam.JPGdashcam2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom