Data Card Gobbledygook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BMF

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C220 (W205) 2015 Bluetec Sport Premium Plus
Is there some way I can get to the bottom of some of the gobbledygook terms on the data card for my car? There are terms like: 805 YOM 14/1, 055 YOM 14/2.

I also read somewhere (either here or on't'other channel) something about main dealers supplying an "Oasis Report" after providing proof of ownership detailing standard spec list and extras ordered in addition for your vehicle.

Can anyone shed any light on these subjects?

1. Not sure but at a guess Year Of Manufacture?
2. Yes, Oasis Report is the build report/spec from the factory ad can be obtained from the dealer on a new car, not sure about 2nd hand.

Reactions: BMF
1. Not sure but at a guess Year Of Manufacture?
2. Yes, Oasis Report is the build report/spec from the factory ad can be obtained from the dealer on a new car, not sure about 2nd hand.
Thanks bob ;)

YOM is Year Of Modification. It means the date that the modification was introduced.

My understanding is that the Oasis report accompanies the car through the various production stages and allows the supplying dealer to see where the car is in the manufacturing process, but it is not as detailed in terms of options and configuration as the Datacard is - but others may be able to confirm this.

YOM is Year Of Modification. It means the date that the modification was introduced.

My understanding is that the Oasis report accompanies the car through the various production stages and allows the supplying dealer to see where the car is in the manufacturing process, but it is not as detailed in terms of options and configuration as the Datacard is - but others may be able to confirm this.

I thought it gave the standard spec of the model plus a list of the options and cost's taken up by the original order? It'd be nice to have the info from the original order sheet including a list and the cost of the extras added.

I may have to badger my nearest dealer.

I thought it gave the standard spec of the model plus a list of the options and cost's taken up by the original order? It'd be nice to have the info from the original order sheet including a list and the cost of the extras added.

Found a few examples online.

Oasis_Pg_1.jpg

Found a few examples online.
Well, there is only on thing for it and that's to win the lottery and place an order for a new Mercedes with all the trimmings!

I'm off now to dribble on my keyboard while I configure my next Mercedes on the dealer site;)

I have one for mine. Shows price paid for vehicle. Everything the car came with, and the front page shows options taken and price.
Ie. 218..reversing camera..£319.15
293. Airbags..rear sidebars. £272.34
Comand...£1851...pano roof.£1119.15.
Seats vented comfort. £570.21
Dab...£272.34..rear blind..£306.38
Harmon Kardon....£531.91.
Paint..£910.64..nappa...,,£451.06.
TV.....£791.49...trim...£131.91..

Deleted.

I have one for mine. Shows price paid for vehicle. Everything the car came with, and the front page shows options taken and price.
Ie. 218..reversing camera..£319.15
293. Airbags..rear sidebars. £272.34
Comand...£1851...pano roof.£1119.15.
Seats vented comfort. £570.21
Dab...£272.34..rear blind..£306.38
Harmon Kardon....£531.91.
Paint..£910.64..nappa...,,£451.06.
TV.....£791.49...trim...£131.91..

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

Hi. Ask your dealer. I purchased mine used from a main dealer, asked for an Oasis report and they printed one off.

That makes a lot more sense! I saw the dates and didn't put 2 and 2 together :)

That makes a lot more sense! I saw the dates and didn't put 2 and 2 together :)

Yes, it's so obvious now when I look back at it.

I bought the car from a secondhand dealer but I will go to my local MB dealer to ask if they can access the cars original purchase history.

When I had my S320 sold it last week, I went into my local dealer and asked for a data card print out. They gave me a oasis report, never purchased anything.. no quibble or questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom