Data connection in progress iPhone problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesMB

Car
E Class Coupe
Hi everyone,

I have a facelift E class coupe (2013/14) and I am trying to connect my iPhone 6 for online services.

Bluetooth works fine for calls etc, but when I click online services I get a 'Data connection in progress' screen before it eventually times out and doesn't connect.

On my phone, the blue bar appears as if the car is tethering & I have no problem tethering my laptop/other phones from my iPhone.

I've tried removing the phone and re-paring but that made no difference.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Attachments

• data-connection.jpg
    data-connection.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 18
Does your mobile contract support data tethering? Three contracts started before last year on SIM only don't as I found out!

Yes 100% sure thanks. I use tethering all the time. Cheers

Are you on O2? My wife's O2 does exactly that. My Vodafone works fine.

R

I'm with Three. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesMB said:
I'm with Three. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you choose the Auto Connect option when first trying to go online ? The blue bar on phone confirms its connected to car I think . I have 4.7 ntg fitted and it worked fine, if you have nav with traffic does it show any icons when phone connects (assuming yours has that option) because that would confirm data is working I think, I did notice its slow to connect in poor signal area so might be worth finding an area with strong signal then try connect

Thanks for the message. I do get traffic icons on the navigation but I'm not sure it's coming from my phone as the blue tethering bar isn't showing when I'm on a route - it only appears when I try and go to the online services.

When I connected the phone the only option it would allow was to use the auto settings.

I've got really good 4G signal where I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine doesnt have blue bar either when connected to traffic that i have seen but i will check

JamesMB said:
Thanks for the message. I do get traffic icons on the navigation but I'm not sure it's coming from my phone as the blue tethering bar isn't showing when I'm on a route - it only appears when I try and go to the online services. When I connected the phone the only option it would allow was to use the auto settings. I've got really good 4G signal where I am. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi again James, have you tried turning phone off completely and on again, I have seen issues on Three where it appears like signal is great etc but Internet is non responsive even though Facebook etc updates, turning phone off and on clears out a cache or something. I have had this on iPhone 6 and GLaxy S4 and iPhone 4 so it appears to be Three related, when working well I get 20mbps but that can drop to 1-4 at busy times and often hangs even when signal appears great

The two arrows, pointing left and right, next to the signal strength display suggests that a data connection exists from the head unit to the phone, if there's a blue bar on the top of the phone screen with the tethering icon (two overlapping elipses) then that would confirm the presence of a data connection.

If that's the case, for some reason your network isn't allowing a connection to the MB server or, more likely, there's a DNS problem and it can't resolve the address. It may be worth talking with Three to see if they have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom