Datacard request

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
Can anyone get me a datacard from a reg number? I don't have the VIN yet.

Ian's kindly got the VIN but it doesn't show on his system.
Anybody else decode this or tell me where it's from?

WAUZZZ4AZRN023457

It's a 1994 Audi 100 with a 2.8L engine. From http://www.vin-decoder.net/ -

VIN number WAUZZZ4AZRN023457
Region Germany
Factory / Manufacturer
Neckarsulm
Mark
Audi
Model
Version
C4
Model Year
Body Wagon
Doors
4/5
Engine
2771 cm3
Power
174 HP (128 kW)
Gearbox
Manual
Serial Number

Last edited:
It's supposed to be a 1993 W124 E320 coupe.
Autotrader reckons it's a "2001 MERCEDES-BENZ C CLASS C320 Avantgarde 4dr Auto Saloon"
DVLA tax check has it as a 1993 Mercedes 3199cc.

Must be an import I guess?

WAU is Audi. My guess is you told Ian the wrong registration, Ian's conversion was wrong, or the Merc's on false plates.

What details do we actually know for certain?

WAU is Audi. My guess is you told Ian the wrong registration, Ian's conversion was wrong, or the Merc's on false plates.

Or reg plate transfer...

Still odd though!

The number I gave Ian is definitely the number on the car and it shows as a Mercedes 3.2 on the DVLA site. It's not a private plate so unlikely to be a transfer.
Anyone else want to try? I'll PM the reg if you think you can get a VIN from it.

Sounds like you need to proceed with caution - just ask the seller for the VIN?

On topic but slightly off this one, should I be worried if the link provided on here doesn't recognise my vin?

On topic but slightly off this one, should I be worried if the link provided on here doesn't recognise my vin?

Not really... not off these websites. If it does not show on MB EPC, that's another matter....

Sounds like you need to proceed with caution - just ask the seller for the VIN?

The seller's mother has been taken ill so I don't want to bother him. The car has a fault and he's given up on it and just wants rid.
It's a bargain price and I collect it early next week but I was just curious about the factory options.

The seller's mother has been taken ill so I don't want to bother him. The car has a fault and he's given up on it and just wants rid.
It's a bargain price and I collect it early next week but I was just curious about the factory options.

Sounds dodgier than a dodgy thing.

WAUZZZ4AZRN023457

That is definitely not a Mercedes VIN, it won't go into EPC.

WAUZZZ4AZRN023457

That is definitely not a Mercedes VIN, it won't go into EPC.

RobertoMercini is not the OP, I think he is asking about his own pride-and-joy MB....

I was just confirming the VIN supplied definitely doesn't go into EPC.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation :crazy:

Like he's working on an oil rig in Nigeria for the next six months and will have the car sent to you by his delivery agent after you pay in full by PayPal...?:doh:

But let's not be cynic... :D

It's all based on speculation - and conversion of VRM to VIN - so I guess the best thing to do is wait for the seller to get better and provide the actual VIN from the actual car?

... so I guess the best thing to do is wait for the seller to get better and provide the actual VIN from the actual car?

Or drive up there next week, HPi it, bung it on a trailer and bring it back. It's not like the seller owns a caravan and lives in Doncaster. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom