Date setting problem on s class w220?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-class w220

Car
s class w220
Hi
I have been able to set the command so that the time auto changes from summertime using location in UK time zone.
Problem I find is that I cannot change the day month year (Its greyed out) and wont adjust through the set up menu.
When entering the set up mode as soon as ignition is on, and before the satellite symbol comes up, the option to change the date is available.
The problem is it greys out as soon as a satellite symbol comes up and the date is currently set as 3rd march 2095, on s class w220 with comand 2.5.

Does anybody have any clue as to what might be the problem and how can i fix this?

Thanks for any help..........

Bump, did you ever find a solution?

I had to change my clock today as it lost an hour over the weekend. My date is October 2095 now, and I can't get it changed.

Crazy satellites or these command units overly optimistic about how long they'll live for?

Complaint When the COMAND unit (A40/3) is receiving GPS, the year in the system settings is set to e.g. 2095 and the time displayed is one hour out.

Cause Due to changes in the algorithm of the GPS signals, the data is not always interpreted correctly by the COMAND unit.

Remedy The one hour time difference can be changed as follows:

Press the "SYS" button, in the menu "Date/Time" use the rotary/push button to highlight the "Country (Time)" field and press to confirm. An input menu appears. A country list can be called up here via the initial letters. A country should be selected which is not in the same timezone as Germany, but is one hour either side (e.g. United Kingdom).

Note:
There are no detrimental effects on time-dependent functions (e.g. ASSYST).
The year in the system settings can be adjusted manually, but changes again when GPS reception reoccurs.

Complaint When the COMAND unit (A40/3) is receiving GPS, the year in the system settings is set to e.g. 2095 and the time displayed is one hour out.

Cause Due to changes in the algorithm of the GPS signals, the data is not always interpreted correctly by the COMAND unit.

Remedy The one hour time difference can be changed as follows:

Press the "SYS" button, in the menu "Date/Time" use the rotary/push button to highlight the "Country (Time)" field and press to confirm. An input menu appears. A country list can be called up here via the initial letters. A country should be selected which is not in the same timezone as Germany, but is one hour either side (e.g. United Kingdom).

Note:
g.png

There are no detrimental effects on time-dependent functions (e.g. ASSYST).
The year in the system settings can be adjusted manually, but changes again when GPS reception reoccurs.
Good answer, Thanks you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom