Dateless number plate reccomendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeCee

Car
Amg c63s coupe w205, VClass V250, Golf r32, Landrover defender
Hi All
Was going to buy a cheap dateless number plate, counsel anyone reccomed a company they have used previously

Many thanks in advance

Go on the dvla website and look at the auction site, that's the best/cheapest place to get a 'nice' dateless plate.
If you aren't in a rush, one will come up that's suitable to you. They also do good dateless Irish ones at good prices.

I have a very cheap Irish plate on retention if you just want to loose the age of your car? I no longer need it but I would never advertise it.... You never know!

Last edited:
Go on the dvla website and look at the auction site, that's the best/cheapest place to get a 'nice' dateless plate.
If you aren't in a rush, one will come up that's suitable to you. They also do good dateless Irish ones at good prices.

I have a very cheap Irish plate on retention if you just want to loose the age of your car? I no longer need it but I would never advertise it.... You never know!

So I can use an Irish number plate !!? Didn't know , thanks

Northern Irish, like
DAZ 5310
SIG 1390(my spare one!)
IKZ 551

things like that are a lot cheaper if you're only wanting to hide the age of the car

DVLA for low cost

dvlasquare.jpg

Here's the link for the DVLA website: DVLA Personalised Registrations - Buy private number plates direct from the DVLA. From £250 fully inclusive

Normally much cheaper than brokers because of the fees. Brokers like Elite Registrations may be a better choice if you're looking for something more expensive, but you'll pay extra for their service. https://www.eliteregistrations.co.uk

For example, a few years ago, I was contacted by a cherished number dealer offering me M8**L, suggesting the 8 could be '&', and this would be a combination of mrs Baxlin's and my initials, for £500 plus transfer.

Went on the DVLA site, and bought it for £250.......

So I can use an Irish number plate !!? Didn't know , thanks

Yes you can use a Northern Irish plate (part of the UK you know)...and you can use an up to date one rather than one younger than your car.

As said DVLA direct is the cheapest route. All the brokers just take the DVLA price and add a bit. Unless you want something fancy, where a broker can help, just pick one from the DVLA and pay them. I bought "E2 TWY" earlier this year from the DVLA for £399 all in. Best any of the other sites could do was £440. I should add that the £399 includes the £80 transfer fee so the plate was £320.

Hi if you buy an Irish number plate from a seller in
Ireland you can be charged two dot fees I bought
One from over there a BNZ number but luckily I managed
To only pay one dot fee

Northern Ireland plate. A few years ago mine cost £30 + administration.

Or look on ebay... There's lots on there and often (as mine was) already fees paid, so it was an easy couple of minutes online to change my reg to the new one once i had the retention certificate...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom