Daughter Wants a party......

Do you ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
You have a 15 (and ¾) year old daughter, who wants to host an Xmas party for her school friends, all of similar age (same year only) at your house ?

We're looking at 40-50 bodies......we have a large house, and have had parties of 60+ (adults) with no problems

The request is alcohol....We have male and female door staff available....

Last edited:
These things can be a disaster. You must be there. No hangers on allowed. Now pray no gate crashers turn up.

I would attempt a late booking at the village hall

These things can be a disaster but then again they could go okay and you could earn major brownie points with daughter and her friends.

One thing to be sure of though is that the parents of the other kids dont object to you allowing or serving any alcohol.

I would definately have enough adults discreetly available in the house should the need arise;) A couple of people on the door will deter gate crashers especially if there is a guest list held by someone like wobbly;)

Good point. a village hall stops them potentially using other rooms for other activities. Not infering anything here, far from it, but you never know what some friends might be like.

The problem with supplying alcohol is

1. it can add to existing pre-party "intake" with disastrous consequences.

2. kids "top up" on the fly- they are very resourceful

you end up getting the blame for " Tiffany's unscheduled visit to casualty with acute alcohol poisoning"
If you don't supply any you can't get the blame.

Rent the premises if you don't want your home trashed and think of hiring some professional security along with the music.

As Alfie said make sure the parents of the other children know about the alcohol.

You have got to be careful here. There have been plenty of incidents where someone is having a party, friends tell each other by posting on social networking sites and before you know it hundreds of people know about the party and invite themselves. Most end up with a house being thrashed.

Last edited:
Allowing alcohol could land you in trouble with other parents. It would be virtually impossible to police.

As other have said, I would recommend hiring a hall

I'd definitely ban alcohol. If you want to jazz it up for her, you could provide a bar with bow-tied barmen (plural - with 40-50 kids one would never keep up with demand!) serving non-alcoholic cocktails.

The hall option has appeal but is prob too late, and our experience is that they are often less than keen to hire out for teenage parties. You should be OK at home, but you need a good number of adults, all with a watching brief for any illicit alcohol...regular patrols around the non-party areas of the house would also be a good idea.

Golden rule though is that the party MUST NOT APPEAR ON FACEBOOK!!!

With 15/16/17/etc year old's you WILL be unable to 100% enforce any type of rules or policies - specially if you are not there to police proceedings.
Dont kid yourself to think anything else.
Even "darling little daughters" can be unbelievable devils as I well know from personal experience.
If you have a nice home and its furnished well, then I would NOT leave them alone.
Hopefully nothing will go amiss, but it only needs 1 or 2 drunk lads to wreck havoc.

And...........................................................................

Most importantly....................

If this party does go ahead.............................

DO NOT ALLOW YOUR ADDRESS to get posted on any website like facebook or myspace.

That IS a sure fire recipe for disaster.

I wouldn't allow alcohol. I have a daughter of similar age and do let her have the odd alchopop when we are out but I wouldn't supply it for a house party. I agree with other suggestions, book somewhere other than home, tell them it's for 15 YO kids and they should then police the alcohol consumption on your behalf. Then if anyone does smuggle drink in you are not 'AS' responsible because you passed the buck to hall owners...

Should be less likely to get comeback from other disapproving parents.

Mate,

Your house is going to be a right off. Most teenages have no respect for other peoples property.

Do you have a big Garden. If so, I recommend a Tent and access only to the loo.

Last edited:
Having been a Director of a Security company for the last 16 years, and involved in security for the last 25 years.

We supply Security to Nightclubs, Events, Private functions, and Close Protection officers, and can quite honestly say we have more problems policing under 18 events where alcohol is present, than at any other event.

NO ALCOHOL is the only way to go.

You also state male and female Doorstaff are available, please use a reputable company, to supply your Doorstaff. If you hire them as individuals, you are also required to possess a SIA license.

We have let my daughter have parties and alcohol from age 16 but only a select group of friends 10 - 12 max never had any problems. In fact in October she did a dinner party for her boyfriends birthday for 12 people, and what were they doing when we got home at midnight ???????? Washing the dishes house was left immaculate.

But 50 - 60 people I would never entertain it in the first place one of them is sure to put it on a social networking site and them you are really in trouble only way to go with this many is the local village hall anything else is just asking for trouble

As Alfie said make sure the parents of the other children know about the alcohol.

You have got to be careful here. There have been plenty of incidents where someone is having a party, friends tell each other by posting on social networking sites and before you know it hundreds of people know about the party and invite themselves. Most end up with a house being thrashed.

Totally agree dont have it at your house.
It will be trashed

If this party does go ahead.............................

DO NOT ALLOW YOUR ADDRESS to get posted on any website like facebook or myspace.

That IS a sure fire recipe for disaster.

This happened to a friend of mine a few weeks back during an end of term party. Youths forced their way in, beat up a few of the partygoers and smashed the place up. Police are currently involved but the youths claim they were invited via Facebook and also that they were "setupon" first. Looks like police can't actually prove/do anything.
This is a good family of decent people who've been left traumatised by this whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom