Daughter with expensive taste...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiff

Car
2001 SLK 230.
Just back from my yearly blast round Northern Europe, and thought I'd post this pic of my daughter in Berlin, who normally has no interest in cars whatsoever... She did, however, stop and stare at this one... and ask the price!

kimsls.jpg

Also spotted this in Gent, looked like it had been put there by drunken students!

W124statue.jpg

If she buys the red Merc and parks it in her garage, she won't be able to get out. Tell her to take the one on the pedestal.

If she buys the red Merc and parks it in her garage, she won't be able to get out. Tell her to take the one on the pedestal.

The gullwing doors require less lateral space to be opened than the more traditional side hung doors.

So that is the first obstacle to ownership overcome !!!***???

Mic

She'll be interested because it's Red and pretty...clueless about the car.

I've had a few nice cars over the years, usually silver, black, metallic grey etc.

I've never as many complementary remarks than I have about the current car - it seems the ladies like red.

Last edited:
Encourage her tastes; she should then follow her heart to the logical conclusion and marry a billionaire :thumb:

Encourage her tastes; she should then follow her heart to the logical conclusion and marry a billionaire :thumb:

LOL! This has been said more than a few times.... My older daughter wants an X1/9... a bit more manageable, but has to be pink.:doh:

There's a black one in the showroom of MB Ashford, with a stunning black leather interior. You can apparently even ask for a test drive - and they bring the car to you. The price tag is (wait for it...)

£183,000!

There were 2 in Mercedes Beckenham recently when I went in to pick up something from the parts department.
When I asked the lady on reception if a test drive was possible she said 'no problem' just name the time and day.
Same thing happened to a work colleague in Mercedes Maidstone as well.

I saw my first one on the back of a recovery truck this weekend.

There are lots in dealers, isn't it because they are not selling well ??

Last edited:
I see one of these driving down to Le Mans in June at a petrol station, the guy struggled climbing out of it and avoiding the doors!!! Looked lovely though!

The one in Gent, Belgium looks like my friend Geert has parked it as he lives next to a mushroom farm !!!

The main dealer in Swansea has a used one for 160k. It only has a few months tax left though, so I passed on it.

Just back from my yearly blast round Northern Europe, and thought I'd post this pic of my daughter in Berlin, who normally has no interest in cars whatsoever... She did, however, stop and stare at this one... and ask the price!

kimsls.jpg

I take it that is one of the expensive showrooms at the top of Freidrichstrasse ?

Also spotted this in Gent, looked like it had been put there by drunken students!

W124statue.jpg

Well , they always did say that a Mercedes-Benz is a monument to quality :D

Yes, on Unter den Linden. Huge showroom and open at nearly 11pm.... VW/Audi on the other side.

There are lots in dealers, isn't it because they are not selling well ??

Don't get me wrong I like the SLS but if I had that kind of money to spend I would get something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom