Dave Dee dies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ahhh maybe I am wrong, I thought they were the monkees:crazy:

Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich did preface the Monkees, their "theme" song, DD, D, B, M & T, set the stamp the Monkees eventually followed.

Good Wiltshire lads from Salisbury -- if I remember properly......

Bit of trivia. Dave Dee (Harman) was a policeman before he became a warbler, and attended the car crash that killed Eddie Cochran and injured Gene Vincent.

Also recently departed is Ron Asheton, the Stooges guitarist.

Why was his TV show scrapped?
I know it was office politics or something, but never knew the real reason.

Russ

I knew Beaky, has lived in Spain for a number of years ( San Pedro) Singing, painting and decorating when things where quite, nice man.

Europop??

Sad for the guy who by all accounts was a nice bloke but Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Tich are hardly giants in the compendium that is British Pop Music. Be honest--do you know of any significant artist who has felt the need to do a "cover" any of their songs---ever?
Europop before the term was invented- a Boney M 45 played at 33rpm sums them up I fear.:eek:

Not giants as you say, but having 8 top ten hits and spending more weeks in the singles charts in 1966 than ANY other act is not bad going.
Also worthy of note is that between 1965 and 1969, the group spent more weeks in the UK singles chart than the Beatles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom