Dave feels so Epic

Do you find this advert...

• Hilarious

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Ghastly

Votes: 39 84.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Odd or Bizarre would be my choice of words to describe it.

Yes it does draw attention, but I am not sure that simply attracting attention at any cost is always a good marketing idea.

The problem is that while I remember the bum movements I do not remember what this advertising was for, nor is there a connection there.... this is where many adverts fall, people remember the the advert but can not associate it with a product or brand.

On the other side of the scale, few will forget that the Opera Singer advertised Go Compare, or that the Russian Meerkats advertised CompareTheMarket.com...

What I remember, rightly or wrongly, is that actor's presumably false ar5e moved more when standing still than Sharon Osbourne's face when she was delivering her line.

Can anyone remember what Lorraine Chase was advertising with the unforgettable line "Nah, Luton Airport" ??

Can anyone remember what Lorraine Chase was advertising with the unforgettable line "Nah, Luton Airport" ??

Campari.

Those were the days when Martini and Cinzano used to advertise a lot.

I think it is the most repulsive ad of recent years. A face I just want to smack - and hard at that.

Looking for the box which says "geezer with cartoon ****" mildly amusing, Sharon Osbourne's frozen face ghastly.

The word I am seeking sounds like cars-------- that's it----- crass!

Some adverts make me refuse to buy /use the product. This is one of them!

I found Sharon Osborne's new mush much more shocking than the guy - yuk :crazy:.

developer said:
I found Sharon Osborne's new mush much more shocking than the guy - yuk :crazy:.

Think yourself lucky I sat next to her on a flight back from New York, what an experience that was lol

In a extremely unusual bout of unity both me and her indoors said "whatever he's was paid ...." When we first saw it.

God help us if they bring out a toy 'Dave' wearing those shorts ........

That ad is just so bad on so many levels.

Call me old-fashioned, but I feel sick when I see blokes cross-dressing - if that's what it is.

And, yes, Osbourne is also ghastly. Were the Osbornes the first tv reality family ....... if so, they've a lot to answer for.

Who is Kim Lardarsedone anyway?;)

Stuart

'Don't you wish your girlfriend was a slut like me?'

Odd or Bizarre would be my choice of words to describe it.

Yes it does draw attention, but I am not sure that simply attracting attention at any cost is always a good marketing idea.

The problem is that while I remember the bum movements I do not remember what this advertising was for, nor is there a connection there.... this is where many adverts fall, people remember the the advert but can not associate it with a product or brand.

On the other side of the scale, few will forget that the Opera Singer advertised Go Compare, or that the Russian Meerkats advertised CompareTheMarket.com...

Glad the majority think along the same lines as I. I attached a link to "Creative Review" as I was interested in the reasoning behind the advert.

Whether an advert is amusing or annoying surely, as markjay suggests, the purpose must be to promote a product in such a way as the punter will identify to some extent. Even MB advertise - although, of course, Forum members are far too sophisticated to be affected in any way.

Where Gram on his elephant was just daft, I find Epic Dave makes me feel queasy.

Whilst Gerald Ratner was not actually advertising, he's the perfect example of destroying a product. I wonder if the few who find Dave hilarious would be of the same opinion if he felt so epic after buying a Mercedes Benz?

Yeuch!

I don't like the ad (or looking at women with heavy thighs and a***s in tight shorts), but experience has taught me that the site it advertises, which I have used more than once for motoring insurance, usually finds me the best deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom