David Bowie is.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
... a genius? Went to the V&A exhibition today with the family and what a great time was had by all. My wife and I saw him at the Festival Hall many years ago now as Ziggy Stardust with The Spiders from Mars and have followed him on and off ever since.
What may not be apparant to everyone is his prodigeous output, not only of music but paintings, artwork, films , screen sets and so on. Truly amazing and a real pusher of boundaries IMHO.:bannana:

Go whilst you still can.:thumb:

My wife and I saw him at the Festival Hall many years ago now as Ziggy Stardust with The Spiders from Mars and have followed him on and off ever since.

Showing your age there mate!
I am a huge Bowie fan but my live experiences are from a little later.
Milton Keynes bowl in 1983 and LA in 1987.
I'll never forget them.

Aint nowt you can do about your age I have found by experience. I remember International Times, OZ and the start of Rolling Stone magazine too. Have copies in the loft somewhere.

I didnt know this was on at the V&A will definitely make the trip, I agree Bowie is genius been a fan since the Aladdin sane Album, thanks for the heads up :thumb:

No problem - note you will need to book and will then be given a time. Early is best otherwise you will be queuing. Exhibition is in two parts and the first was jammed yesterday because we do like to form an orderly line to read all the notes under the exhibits. Second part was much better from an accessibility view point.

Love the V&A - Mrs E is a member and so we get to go to exhibition previews, etc.

It's such an eclectic place with so many different things to see. I was surprised that I really enjoyed the Tiara exhibition a while back, and the Art Deco one was great.

We try to do all the exhibitions if possible, even if they are subjects we might not be so keen on. Always something new to learn.

:cool:
Hunky Dory, Ziggy and Aladdin Sane:cool:; 3 of the best albums of all time (IMHO) and a breath of fresh air at the time.
My kids prefer these three to any of the modern stuff they hear on the radio nowerdays.

will try to make the V&A exhibition.

Last edited:
..sold out by the look of it. Anyone know if there is another source for tickets?

I spent a long day doing my year end in January and went through the whole Bowie back catalogue. Joy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom