David Coulthard...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stowie44

Car
E55k
Can anybody here confirm either way whether or not David Coulthard owned an E55 in 2004?

I suspect the ownership may have not been for very long and it would have been from new.

I've unfortunately exhausted Google.

I only ask because the name D Coulthard, with signature, is present in my car's paperwork and in the log book too. It would be nice to confirm whether or not it was the "REAL" D Coulthard.

MyCarCheck also showed that quite early on the car had the registration "R6CEY", another thing that fits the bill. That number is currently on retention. Would be interesting to know who owns it.

DVLA may be your best bet ask them for previous recorded keepers. DC is still linked to Twynholm in Scotland. His parents run a transport company there. You could look them up and try a nicely worded letter.

Well, 2004 was his last year driving for McLaren Mercedes, so it's definitely possible...
Went to red bull 2005 and so would probably have been given something else.

-t

Try google Coulthard's signature and see if it looks similar to the one you have. :dk:

Does your E55 seem to be slightly slower than other E55s?

I'd image his autograph and signature would be different. The signature I have looks nothing like his autograph. Surely he wouldn't sign memorabilia the same as he would his cheque book?!

Thanks for all the advice though!

IIRC David never owned an E55 in the UK but I believe his father Duncan did have an E Class in the early 2000's. If it's still on its original reg number you could probably get a good feel if that is the one from the area prefix on the reg. So maybe the D Coulthard is Duncan Coulthard ? Also DC has a brother called Duncan (Jnr) but no idea about his cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom