David Gilmour's guitar collection comes to auction.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
If I were a multi-millionaire I would mind having Dave's Black Strat hanging on the wall. £100k-150k ain't so bad, a '59 Les Paul will go for that no bother.

Already have two Strats, not sure the missus would allow another one :D

I wonder how much number 00001 will go for?

More than the black Strat?
Think I may be a bit short that week, so it's your round when that comes up. :)

IIRC there's a banjo in that sale for $1-2,000 and that would be my about my mark, given that I'm not at all gifted at playing guitars.

Why (in the vid, visible at 3m56s) does he have a mirror next to his pedals? What does he need to see?

Why (in the vid, visible at 3m56s) does he have a mirror next to his pedals? What does he need to see?
Might be so he can see the drummer without turning around. Drummer has a click-track in his ear, so signals from him might be handy for some of their arrangements.

Might be so he can see the drummer without turning around. Drummer has a click-track in his ear, so signals from him might be handy for some of their arrangements.

'Tis very low though.
I suspected something to do with the drummer - probably that he didn't trust him. You know what musos are like when it comes to drummers....
(eg; How do you know when the drum riser is level? It's when the drummer can drool out of both sides of his mouth simultaneously. You know, that kind of stuff!)

Well our drummer locked his keys in the car,
Took us two hours to get the bass player out...

I'm waiting for a drummer's explanation as to why a guitarist has a mirror. Waiting, and waiting, and.....

In my first band, we were all just mates jamming.

However, as we got better, it was decided we had to get rid of the drummer, Ralph.
We drew lots to establish who had to sack him and I got the short straw.

He was a nice guy, but his timing was incredibly poor - miles out.

I ended up feeling quite guilty after giving Ralph the bullet, because he tried to take his own life and threw himself behind an express train.

Strat serial number 00001, estimate $100k - $150k, went for $1.8 MILLION!!!

A Martin accoustic sold for $1.1 MILLION, I think the estimate was $20k.

Any guesses as to what the Black Strat will fetch?

Last edited:
Gilmour-strat.jpg

Indeed unbelievable and believable at the same time.

The rumour was that the Peter Green/Gary Moore Les Paul changed hands for $4M when the guy behind Maverick bought it, though that was not at an auction (and the article linked suggests it went for considerably less than that). But it has since gone to Kirk Hammet and again rumour says it was for less than that.

One legendary guitar: three legendary owners – the Greeny Moore Les Paul

Were this transposed to the art market - what would one of Rembrandt's paint brushes sell for?

Were this transposed to the art market - what would one of Rembrandt's paint brushes sell for?
Depends if it was his 00001 brush or the Black one he used to paint the portrait of the fallen Madona with the big boobies that he painted under the pseudonym of Van Clomp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom