David Haye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lancebond

Car
S203 C220 CDI
Looks like he spent that much time on the floor that he's changing his name to matt

Is he an English flop or a failed Briton ?

Scotland awaits ....

LTD said:
Is he an English flop or a failed Briton ?

Scotland awaits ....

He's an English flop or as we call them up here, southerners!

;-)

Just a point on the whole thing from someone who has preferred MMA to boxing for a few years now.

Did haye really have to be a petulant child and come out 10 minutes late? His antics in the build up to the fight really made cheering for him difficult.

I know the windups and trash talking are part of it, but klitchsko showed he wasn't biting early on, meaning that instead of slinging mud with haye, he just came out looking the more civilised man.

I was bitterly disappointed with his performance, both before and during the fight... Perhaps he knew he couldn't beat him without being in his head.

Still a career in panto awaits.... Or a boxing show with audley Harrison. Can't punch won't punch

He keeps saying he wants to be a Hollywood star... perhaps that explains the theatrics? :dk:

I genuinely believed that Haye would win last night. How wrong was I?

It shows how bad the heavyweight division is when you have a cruiserweight being propelled to fight the champions of that division in such a short space of time.

You can't compare boxing to MMA, boxing is an art in controlled aggression whereas MMA is simply legalised brawling.... Each to their own though.

For a genuine future world contender, keep an eye out for Kell Brook. He's the best boxer I've seen in a long time of being involved in the sport.

The fight didn't really excite me. Klitchsko's jab summed up the whole fight.

I hope Haye drops down a weight or two as he's a decent enough fighter to warrant carrying on.

Without any answer to Klitchsko's Jab, other than jumping in the air swinging hoping & being swatted onto the canvas, which is no answer, Haye was just too small & not frenetic enough to have any chance.

It kinda reminds me of Lennox Lewis when he fought but didnt take his opponent that seriously and his over confidence led to his own eventual downfall. He then took it upon himself to train properly and seriously, had a rematch, won and retired. Maybe Haye should think about fighting properly and then about retiring a winner...... just my humble opinion.

You can't compare boxing to MMA, boxing is an art in controlled aggression whereas MMA is simply legalised brawling.... Each to their own though.

a properly executed MMA fight complete with submission attempts and ground game is far more technical and controlled than boxing, where they jab jab jab, hold and push the other to the ground.

take for instance the two PPV last night, david haye who failed to ignite and UFC 132 which had a card full of fighting (results unknown as i'm downloading it)

the differences from UFC 1 (which was essentially **** fighting with humans) to UFC 132 is breathtaking, sadly people don't seem to see the art in the worlds fastest growing sport, such as the state athletic commision for new york... but trust me it WILL be broadcast from Madison Square Gardens soon.

a properly executed MMA fight complete with submission attempts and ground game is far more technical and controlled than boxing, where they jab jab jab, hold and push the other to the ground.

take for instance the two PPV last night, david haye who failed to ignite and UFC 132 which had a card full of fighting (results unknown as i'm downloading it)

To be fair, MMA on the whole would be classed as more 'exciting' for the bloodthirsty types, but boxing as a skill is on another level.

To use last nights fight as an example of boxing isn't fair, watch Kell Brook last week or Mathew Macklin vs Felix Sturm; this is boxing.

That's

Like Klitschko said to Haye during their press conference (mud slinging): You talk to much! That summed it up. Haye is all talk and no action. He should have spent more time training and focusing than making theatrics. It would have been overlooked if he had won but by losing it left with a loser both in the ring and as a man.

Very disappointing fight . Did not think Haye would win , but did not expect him to spend more time on his knees than Mother Teresa.

They always tend to be overhyped and rarely amount to much. However people pay their money to view and makes Sky, the promoters and the fighters lots of cash!

Weather it be boxing or MMA it is at an all time low there does not seem to be any truly monumental names in the game!..

Tony.

If you watch it every week?.... i mean real names...Warriors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom