Davy Jones RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
Just announced on the local news. Died of a heart attack at home in Florida. An ex girlfriend, another dancer, did pantomime with him at the Liverpool Empire in 79/80, and he was a really nice guy.

BBC News - Davy Jones of The Monkees dies aged 66

Another memory from my youth gone :(

RIP

That's not very old either.

Just demostrates you've got to crack on and make the most of it!

Last night I was sitting in a fine curry-house near home and they had the news on via a projector. All I saw was some clips of the monkees but as usual the sound of Indian pop music drowned everything out so I had no idea what was going on.

Sad news :(

WesLangdon said:
I thought my girlfriend was joking when she said that Davy Jones was dead. Then I saw her face and now I'm a bereaver.

very funny I'm using that one

It never takes long...

It always makes me sad when we hear of well known celebs passing away in their 60's and early 70's.

My Dad is 69 this year and not in the best of health.

To a 20 year old , poor Davy probably seemed quite ancient . To a near- 60 year old , he seems very young . All a matter of perspective , but a reminder perhaps , that we should make the most of our time . As my 85 year old mother tells me , " its only yesterday that you were a little kid , now you have your own grandchildren" . Make the best of it guys , it aint a dress rehearsal.:D

Being 36, I can't really answer this - so to those it applies to - as one clocks up the mileage and gets into the 60,000/70,000/80,000 mileage territory, does it get easier to accept the ultimate inevitability, or is it no different and depends on the person you are i.e. you are either someone who thinks about it or doesn't and that remains...

Being 36, I can't really answer this - so to those it applies to - as one clocks up the mileage and gets into the 60,000/70,000/80,000 mileage territory, does it get easier to accept the ultimate inevitability, or is it no different and depends on the person you are i.e. you are either someone who thinks about it or doesn't and that remains...

My father was three years older than you, John, when he died in a car accident, something which made me think that every year after that was a bonus, once I'd passed it myself.

When I was 47, ten years ago, I landed awkwardly from a jump (off a boat, not making a getaway!), and tore and sprained everything around my ankles, and spent the following two months on crutches, feeling that I wouldn't walk properly again. When I recovered sufficiently, and having put on weight, I got a wake up call about my age nearing 50, and got myself into shape. Things get harder though, joints start to ache and then your hair may start to fall out, but I still feel 28 in my mind, and that's my outlook. I'm type two diabetic, but otherwise healthy, and as long as I can stay away from needles and the big C, I'll be happy.

If you're not familiar with it, listen to "Beautiful Boy", by John Lennon. One of the most ironic songs you'll hear, and where the now much clichéd expression "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" comes from. Get on with it!

Last edited:
I think as you get older you do accept the inevitability , but have the choice whether to worry about or not. Worrying will not delay the outcome ,so best to make the most of every day , appreciate what you have , and enjoy the company of your friends and loved ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom