Day 5 of ownership...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killban

Car
C250 CDi Sport Edition 125 Auto Saloon
Well, day 5 has passed, and this was the readout on the OBC when I got back from work. I did not specifically try to save fuel, but it just happened that there were no people in front of me causing me to brake, and there were no hold ups at the normal places. The car has now done 490 miles, and I hope this is indicative of future performance...

Attachments

• Merc3.jpg
    Merc3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 276
I've had mine reading in the 60's.

The thing is when you finally fill up and enter the numbers into Fuelly you realise how optimistic the OBC is.

I've yet to have my "reset" which I set after every fill to read less than 47mpg - generally 15% more than I'm getting.

Still, I average over 40mpg and I'm pretty happy with that.

I shall be filling up every Friday (it's convenient for my travelling). So I shall update Fuelly then. I reset the OBC when I got the car, and that is showing around 41-42mpg.

After a few weeks, and my mileage settles down, I'll get a better feel for the economy. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the car. :)

Thank you, so good to know that a 250 can do these figures, I was getting worried that I had made a mistake deciding on one over a 220. Got the feeling that the published figures were smoke and mirrors, clearly not.

61.4 is my best so far.
I am just coming up to 10,000 miles and average since I've had the car is 47.1.

Attachments

• 23082011081.jpg
    23082011081.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 180
That new dashboard is lovely! massive improvement. Looks almost cartoon like.

Just a quicky.

On the OBC there is the screen that shows the Range and current fuel consumption. Is there any way to get it to show the consumption above 40mpg?

Also, on the Command screen, in the System menu, there is a graph showing the fuel consumption for the previous 15 minutes. This has an upper limit of 50mpg. Is there any way to change that either?

I have pressed lots of buttons, but cannot seem to change either of them.

I asked my dealer this and they said no. It seems crazy on a car that should in theory do nearly 70mpg!:doh:

I was trying to push the miles remaining on the MPG reading to the wire but near the end 40 miles or so left it no longer shows the miles remaining and just shows you a car symbol with a red petrol pump. Any way round this??

Just a quicky.

Also, on the Command screen, in the System menu, there is a graph showing the fuel consumption for the previous 15 minutes. This has an upper limit of 50mpg. Is there any way to change that either?

I have pressed lots of buttons, but cannot seem to change either of them.

Is this function only fitted to Diesels?

I don't have it on my 2012 C180 Sport (Auto)
Where its there on my Dads 2012 C200 Sport (Manual)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom