Daylight Running Lighting Configuration ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350_Coupe

Car
2005 C350 Coupe SE
ok, i've been looking at this, because my previous car had daylight running lights, separate from the main lights because they were pop-up ones, and i always liked the option.

Now, i have a C350 Coupe with Bi-Xenons, and was looking through the various options in the manual etc, and see that there is an option for daylight running :)

cool, however, it does not as i would have expected put the front sidelights, and rear lights on, but in fact dipped beam on the main lights and the rear lights.

Not entirely sure i want the Xenons on all the time while it's running.

I'm considering swapping the Sidelight bulbs for some canbus compatible LED's ...

so i was wondering, if it is possible to have it re-coded to put the sidelights on and not the main lights when the option is enabled ??
And if possible, what affect might this have on the auto lights setting ?

Maybe one for Alfie or Richard ?

bump.gif

I thought on the 204s the DRLs were separate lights completely. A string of LEDs in the lower grill.

What you are describing sounds like the Constant function, where the headlights (dipped) remain on whenever the engine is running?

Last time I looked in WIS there wasn't an MB retrofit for 204 DRLs.

Is it a Sport or SE?

My Sport keeps the LEDs on all the time and the main Xenons come on when it gets dark.

AH, just seen it is a C350, not an E350... In which case I don't know what I am on about and will leave it to more intelligent advisor's, sorry...

ok, partially a lack of info on my part there.... it's NOT a 204 variant, it's a 2005 CL203 variant, so no separate LED's :(

It's an SE, and yes C not E ;)

What you are describing sounds like the Constant function
That is exactly how i would describe it personally, because it puts the main lights on, or seems to, i have to admit to only having read the info not actualyl gone out and screwed around with it yet, but, it does say dipped beam, and describes it as daylight running option in the manual

Yep you've got Constant function, I don't belive that there's anything that can be done to acheive a DRL type function (apart from going to Hellfruads for some aftermarket Barry lights)

The LED lights on the new E class look very retrofit-able I was looking at one only the other day and thinking I wonder what else they'd look good on.

short on time right now as i'm off to work in a bit, but will have a look for pics when i get a chance, if you have any easy to hand could you link the ones your meaning ? ta

these ones below

Mercedes-Benz-E-Class.jpg

I've just checked WIS and there is now an official retrofit of DRLs on the 204 and the 203.7## 1# from 01.09.8 with 204 Optical package

I've just checked WIS and there is now an official retrofit of DRLs on the 204 and the 203.7## 1# from 01.09.8 with 204 Optical package

ooooohh, that sounded interesting for a minute, but that is much later than my version, I could do some custom job, but i do like the reaar lights on as well, so it's probably not going to happen, that's why i was curious if that constant feature could be modded to power the side lights instead of the main lights

As it's in WIS your dealer will be able to quote you.

I guess you mean the the date restriction applies for the 203, not for the 204?

I forgot to say, in my opinion these look ugly compared to original LEDs. The Carlsson combined LED/fogs are much better.

I guess you mean the the date restriction applies for the 203, not for the 204?

I forgot to say, in my opinion these look ugly compared to original LEDs. The Carlsson combined LED/fogs are much better.

Yes, on the 203 :)

I thought these were the original LEDs?

LED DRLs are £104 each side from MB. There are quite a number if different types / part numbers listed. Then there's the control units and loom .... 399 isn't sounding that bad now?

399 sounds pretty poor, they are LED's they don't exactly need industrial scale cabling, they would/will come on with the ignition, so not exactly rocket science, worst case scenario your "control unit" would consist of a relay ! other than that, a little length of cable to run back to the fuse box in the rear if you wanted, or alternatively into the one at the end of the dashboard (drivers side) and maybe an inline use ... 399, rip off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom