Daytime Running Lights w164 Ml280

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benplym

Car
Ml320
Have seen this done a couple of times with people claiming they have done the mod themselves and it turns out a car shop of some sort did it.

Has anyone ran "switchback DRL's" on the indicator strip at the lower part of the headlight. There are 2 tubes that carry and spread the light of the indicator bulb across the headlight, I am looking for 2 very skinny strips to fill these holes, preferably white that switched to Amber but not essential that it switches as the void will still illuminate when the original bulb comes on, I will just fit a dimmer function to the strip.

Long story short, does anyone know where to buy a super skinny drl strip?

GLK said:
Depends on whether you want continuos lighting strip or flexible core with separate LEDs/SMDs: the former: 90CM FLEXIBLE TUBE Style White-Amber Headlight LED Strip DRL Daytime Run Light | eBay and the latter: 2x Car 12 LED White Flexible Daytime Running Lights DRL Fog Lamp Waterproof 12V | eBay

Nice one, I just brought the solid tube, found a UK seller and should be here in 2 days. I ideally wanted 2 real skinny strips that fit inside the 2 strips but they looked cheap. Now I just need to know what shape/where to put them, they can either look really really smart or absolutely horrendous there's no happy medium.
Thanks

Please post progress pics of the mod if you can!

wywywywy said:
Please post progress pics of the mod if you can!

Yea no worries, should make a start on Wednesday or Thursday, I have brought some headlight tinting film incase it goes horribly wrong and I gotta hide it.

I'm really undecided wether to put it in the bottom strip or a decent shape around the headlights themselves??

Have a look at various new Mercedes headlights, that should give you some ideas - you don't want it to look noticeably "non-Merc" (unless that's the aim) ...

I still haven't done this, I didn't realise the bumper had to come off to remove the headlights. When I finally do I will post progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom