DC UK Service Manager contact required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blackscooby

Car
W203 C32 AMG, Honda VFR Vtec, Peugeot 205 GTi rally car
Folks,

Sorry to post in General, but I could do with some contact details for DC UK Customer Services or Service Manager.

Background.
My C32 has been a total disaster since I bought it back on the 1st Sept. Intercooler Pump failure (incorrectly diagnosed until 4th visit), now it's using water. Due back in on Monday for it's second visit.

Not amused.

Ta

Ask to speak to Gabriella White
00800 17777777
[email protected] - but they rarely reply even though they receive your email - probably don't want to admit liability in writing

fredfloggle said:
Ask to speak to Gabriella White
00800 17777777
[email protected] - but they rarely reply even though they receive your email - probably don't want to admit liability in writing
I hate telephone calls, and I also hate e-mails. A good old fashioned letter might take more effort, but I have never yet had a letter ignored. It generates a paper trail and it has always got a response.

John

Formal letter in progress with dates etc, as John says letters create a paper trail. oh yeah, any address details ?

Cheers

glojo said:
I hate telephone calls, and I also hate e-mails. A good old fashioned letter might take more effort, but I have never yet had a letter ignored. It generates a paper trail and it has always got a response.

John

Agree regarding phone calls , but emails can also be tracked . Truth is an email has just the same amount of clout as a letter , probably more because you can make a nice big circulation list that the recipient is also aware of .

I am at a point in my life where whilst I remain polite , I don't ask a supplier how they are going to deal with a defect , if they are not forthcoming directly , I tell them .

Should be fun next week - I was looking at the front chassis legs on my 3 year old car , and I noticed corrosion on the seams - I wonder how they will deal with that ?

blackscooby said:
Formal letter in progress with dates etc, as John says letters create a paper trail. oh yeah, any address details ?

Cheers
Hi blackscooby,
Thanks for taking my post in the manner it was intended.

Others might supply the correct address, but I generally write the Managing Director,
Customer Services
Mercedes-Benz Centre
Delaware Drive
Tongwell
Milton Keynes
MK15 8BA

However there is no doubt a Mail Room or similar that will deal with all incoming correspondence.

Good luck with the complaint,
John

glojo said:
Others might supply the correct address, but I generally write the Managing Director,
Customer Services
Mercedes-Benz Centre
Delaware Drive
Tongwell
Milton Keynes
MK15 8BA

All letters sent to Milton Keynes are faxed or scanned and sent over to the Netherlands - Personally, I have had bad experiences with this lot and they lack common sense and only do something if you stand your ground and contest them when they try to thob you off!!!

Good luck because you will need it!

Flash said:
All letters sent to Milton Keynes are faxed or scanned and sent over to the Netherlands - Personally, I have had bad experiences with this lot and they lack common sense and only do something if you stand your ground and contest them when they try to thob you off!!!

Good luck because you will need it!
Hi Flash,
I know where your coming from.

The first time I had grounds to complain it was indeed dealt with in Holland. I developed an excellent relationship with the person dealing with my complaint and we have remained good friends. (exchanging Christmas cards)

A number of years ago the office they worked in actually moved to Milton Keynes. I have no idea if they have relocated back to Holland, but last years Christmas card definitely went to the office at Milton?

Regards,
John

As Flash said letters get passed to the Netherlands, as mine did, and I won.

Daimler Chrysler
Customer Assistance Centre NV
PO Box 1456
6201 Maastricht
Netherlands

E-mail address

[email protected]

Tel: - 00800 1 777 7777
Fax: - 0207 975 7074

Good luck mate.

Just to give you a view of the other side here... (Family member in Australia is one of the people who would act on your letter in that region)

MB make ever attempt to deal with real issues, raised in a simple manner by resonsible people. Unfortunately many unreasonable people make unreasonable requests, which tie up plenty of resources - slowing the whole thing down.

How about this.....?

Person buys a new mid spec Merc. He's treated well, however there is an issue regarding the availability of the new sat nav discs for Australia. He buys the car understanding that it will take some time for these discs to be released. Some months later, the guy blows his stack and demands a full refund or replacement vehicle at no cost to himself. MB offer to refund him the cost of the satnav system, and apologise for the issue. Not good enough. This issue required letters, legal, site visits, complaints, etc.

What a waste of MB's time, which impacted the poor people with real issues that were just trying to 'be heard'. :-(

Brian WH said:
As Flash said letters get passed to the Netherlands, as mine did, and I won.

Daimler Chrysler
Customer Assistance Centre NV
PO Box 1456
6201 Maastricht
Netherlands

E-mail address

[email protected]

Tel: - 00800 1 777 7777
Fax: - 0207 975 7074

Good luck mate.
Hi Brian,
I am NOT disagreeing with you, I am merely wondering what is going on. Like both you and Flash I corresponded with the office you mentioned, but that was years ago. I was informed the UK customer complaints had now moved to an office in Milton Keynes this was back in 2003/4. As per my previous message.

Mobilio though is still based in the Netherlands. Is the fax number you posted a London one?

Regards,
John the curious

Perhaps you can get your relative to replace the chassis legs on my 3 year old car when they drop off through rubbish build quality - the way it is going though , you won't have to - it will self immoliate due to the crappy electrics .
Just as well the same people who made my car don't have too much to do with aviation .

Why did they release the thing with SAT as an option when the disk weren't ready ? People complain the world over , it is human nature , right or wrong .
Unfortunately MB have got themselves a terrible reputation - all this tosh about service history and a period of ownership before claims on anti corrosion can be made - if they put the paint on the thing properly in the first place , they wouldn't have to keep make excuses and appologies .

You may call rust on a 3 year old "quality" motor vehicle an "issue" - I call it an absolute disgrace , I might as well bought another Jap import and at least have known that it wouldn't fall to bits in three years .

People do get heated when they spend a considerable amount of money on what is supposed to be a prestige quality vehicle , and it gives nothing but trouble - I know that this doesn't give anyone the right to be rude to Customer Service , but so far my dealings with MB have not been inspiring .

fredfloggle said:
Why did they release the thing with SAT as an option when the disk weren't ready ? People complain the world over , it is human nature , right or wrong . .

Australia has never really enjoyed the activity within the GPS market that other more populated countries have until recently. Just an economies of scale thing. Companies equivalent to Teleatlas have never been as active within the region.

With this in mind, the German HQ of MB released new cars and shipped them to Australia. Unfortunately there were no discs available through any of the mapping companies, so MB could not provide the software. All customers are advised of the map availability issue, however the option is still available to invest in the future of the car by having the components installed during build.

Are you suggesting that they should have made the option unavailable, or perhaps not offered the entire car for sale? Neither would strike me as sensible for MB.

blackscooby said:
Sorry to post in General, but I could do with some contact details for DC UK Customer Services or Service Manager.

You have mail!!

Check your PM inbox. ;)

glojo said:
Hi Brian,
I am NOT disagreeing with you, I am merely wondering what is going on. Like both you and Flash I corresponded with the office you mentioned, but that was years ago. I was informed the UK customer complaints had now moved to an office in Milton Keynes this was back in 2003/4. As per my previous message.

Mobilio though is still based in the Netherlands. Is the fax number you posted a London one?

Regards,
John the curious

I wrote to your address in Milton Keynes in October 2006, this is the address I got the reply from and all later correspondence John. They faxed my dealer to tell them what to do.

The numbers are off their letter head, I haven't rung them. All my dealings were done in letter form.

fredfloggle said:
Truth is an email has just the same amount of clout as a letter , probably more because you can make a nice big circulation list that the recipient is also aware of .
Hi Fred,
We shall see if this is 'truth' or fallacy! I have just sent an e-mail to the Prime Minister and followed it up with a letter. Both say exactly the same thing, the e-mail has been sent and my wife is about to post the letter. :D

Regards,
John

Sent the e-mail and got the usual e-mail acknowledgement then nothing else.

Posted the letter and have just received a written reply from one of the Prime Ministers secretaries stating my letter has been forwarded on for the Prime Minister to read!

It can be argued the letter is doing exactly what the e-mail has done, but I'm old fashioned and have a very nice 10 Downing Street letter and as stated it does generate a paper trail.

Hopefully you are making some progress with your problem,
John

umm just read this i think i will stick with japan and lexus
come mbz i love the badge but need a car that works and a nice dealership that cares not just a bill for a service at £££££££££
even the trade down grade part ex prices for mbz ummm ummm

Have you totally exhausted the dealer route? I had similar problems with a new car and got to deal with the dealer principle, I kept a record of all phone calls and even taped the abusive ones, I then found out who his boss was a sent a copy of all along with a very nice an polite letter. That did the trick for me, I did not get all I wanted but I got an appology of him in writing and most of my issues resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom