De Agony of De Wait....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Le Burpor

Car
2004 E320; 2002 A160
Nothing interesting to read here...just wanted to share my frustrations with fellow MB owners :(

I've just received news that my E320 could only get into the August production which means I won't get my car till sometime in Oct......oh the pain!!!! :mad:

To make matters worst, evertime I drive home from work I have to drive past the MB dealer and will see an E-class on display...oh the agony!!! :crazy:

I was tempted yesterday to cancel the order and pre-order the new BMW 530 instead....but thought otherwise once I cooled down a bit. Besides, the new 5 looks kinda odd and the MB E-class is just so much more sexier :cool:

Anyway, looks like I'm gonna be spending my time in a Saab 95SE till then....which, is quite a nice car....but not really a Mercedes is it? :D

Thanks for listening....

...the pain...the pain.....................

LE B

Never mind, I waited six months for mine, but it really was worth the wait mate.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

"All good things come to those who wait..."

until then, I feel your pain :-/

Someone mention Guinness?

hummmmm ..... guinnnnnnessssss ..............

[dribble]

I know what you are going thru, I ordered mine (E270) in February, and found out today its due to arrive at the dealers on 14th July, so should get sometime that week !!! I've had enough of the temporary Audi A6 I got from work, the seats give me back ache ! Swapping for a 3 series BMW tomorrow (oh the shame of it !)...

I've been checking out the new 5 series too, is it just me, or does it look like the boot is open, no matter what angle you view it from ?!?

Malc

I would have had to wait 3 months for my C32 if ordered from MB UK dealer, so after I "threw all my toys outa the pram" I imported it. Got it within 7 days with higher spec than I originally wanted and full UK spec car. No hassle all sorted by importer very very happy now and loving it

LinkPhoto
:) :) :)

Last edited:
Importing the car directly was something I've never considered :eek:

I might do a search to see what importers are around Australia...

With regards to the new 5 series, I too dislike the boot. It just looks odd. However, the features that I like are:

- The headlights that actually move when you turn to ensure better coverage

- Head's up Display on the windscreen. Even the SAT NAV info can be displayed on the windscreen...just like a fighter jet :cool:

- It has a longer wheel base than the new E-class, I wonder if that means it'll have more legroom? :eek:

- The front just looks 'tough'

- 3.0 lt, straight six BMW engines gives out more kWs than the MB 3.2 lt V-six :confused:

Things that I dislike:

- The boot...looks like it had a stunted growth??

- Interior doesn't look 'sexy' at all. In fact I think it's kinda bland.

- Has the i-drive which is a shocker.

- The whole look of the car is no where near as elegant, sexy or stylish as the E-class

- Extra money for metallic paint??? When ppl are paying that kind money for a car, metallic paint should be standard in my books.

After all that being said, I still have another 4 months to wait... :(

cest la vie...

LE B..

I got hold of an interesting PDF about the W211 yesterday - if someone can host it for me, it makes quite interesting reading - its MB training material.

Originally posted by GregE240
I got hold of an interesting PDF about the W211 yesterday - if someone can host it for me, it makes quite interesting reading - its MB training material.

I'd be interested in seeing it!

Originally posted by fuzzer
IVe got loads of space , how are you with FTP ?
Jason, mail me your e mail address instructions at *******. Its about 3.5Mb so I can send as attachment.

Greg

Last edited:
Still works for me !!!

Can't find info on any other models though ... I have tried every combination of URLs !!!

S.

Last edited:
Fun watching the roof go up and down in the video's!

They get a pretty girl doing the video's, how come we got an ugly bloke doing the W211 one's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom