De Badged.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
Following on from the other thread.

reply with your model and with details of whether or not its debadged.

C270 CDI - Badged.

Ex E200K - Debadged

Think I know where this is going ;)

C200 - Debadged and proud :)

elnaths5.JPG

Also makes cleaning and polishing easier as I don't have to get into the little gaps of the 'C200' badge.

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter :D Badged and proud. ;) 213CDI

Sorry
E320CDI Badged and still proud. Brilliant car with an excellent engine that deserves to be exhibited.

John

C230 Kompressor, not de-badged :)

W203 C320 badged
W220 S320 debadged

W168 A160 debadged (gone)
W202 C180 debadged (gone)
W140 S320 debadged (gone)
W209 CLK200K debadged (gone)

w202 C230K - badged

I think there is a trend - if you have what I would call a base or near base model engine ie. C180 or E220 CDI, people tend to debadge them.

If you have a big engine for the size of the car like a C270CDI or a E500, the badges get left on!

I guess there is a little evil in some people who debadge the larger engine cars too, just to throw people off the scent, but I think the proportion is lesser.

My (now sold) 190E 2.3-16 (cosworth) was debadged from new!

Definately I would say that 90% of most cars that are debadged are generally because they are base/lower models? By far the worst though is the 'over badger' - insecurity IMHO! :D :p

Both badged. Cant understand why people want to take badges off.

C180 - badged and proud!
S320 - badged!

Badged E320CDI Wheezly Deezly and proud of it.

I assume the same as the earlier poster, if it hasn't got a badge and only a single exhaust pipe, then it's more than likely a small engine.

Paul.

C200 de-Badged. :)
Two reasons for the debadging.
1. On a black car they look so much better without the badges in my opinion :D .
2. Debadged it then the local "chav's" dont de-badge it for me!!!! :rolleyes:

A little o/t but still related to badges.
Strangely enough my mate has a ford sapphire cossie that has black bumpers (with no badges) and it looks like a base model (with alloys) :rolleyes: . His first cossie (standard spec with badges) got nicked within a few months :( . He's had this one 3 years and its never been touched. :crazy: :crazy:
Its quite funny at the traffic lights with the local boyo's too :devil: :eek: :devil:

Last edited:
Audi A6 2.8 quattro
Debadged

Landrover Freelnader 2.6 V6
DeBadged

All the better to scare the 1.8's with my dear (in both cases !!)

badged :D :p

C250TD - badged, because it'd be blatantly obviously what fuel it ran on as soon as I hoofed it (and I can't be ****d to sit there carefully removing 15 characters from the bootlid!)
SL500 - badged, because it's a 500, loud and proud.

230 CE - debadged because of the slating i got when i first joined and posted a picture with an AMG badge on it (that the previous owner had put on i might add :rolleyes: )

Dads CLK 430 is badged

SL 500 Badged
S280 Debadged from factory.
E220 Badged
A140 Badged

420SE Debadged (gone)
200T Badged (If i remember correctly) (gone)

C43 badged - but thinking about debadging it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom