De-badging method

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Murff

Car
W211 E280 CDI Avantgarde
Anyone got a good method of de-badging without damaging paintwork? I want to remove the e class and engine badge off the rear

Anyone got a good method of de-badging without damaging paintwork? I want to remove the e class and engine badge off the rear

Use a hairdryer to gently heat the badge and then use something like fishing line worked behind the badge to cut through the softened adhesive. Any remaining adhesive will probably come off with a cloth impregnated with either a tar removing product or petrol or methylated spirit.

As above, heat the adhesive with a hairdryer or hot (not boiling) water from a kettle. Then fishing wire, or dental floss also works well.

As above. Buy a toffee wheel from ebay. This will remove any glue residue. Brilliant bit of kit.

for the sticky stuff, spray some wd40 and rub off with a rag

I used hot water from a kettle when I removed te badges off my old CLK.
Butter or marg also works for removing adhesive residue.

:thumb:

I've always used fishing line and Tardis to remove the glue residue.

Dental floss, warm any residue with a hairdryer, peel it off with gaffer tape.

I used fishing line & WD.
Worked great .
Then gave boot a good polish

You've had some good advice on how to de-badge your car.

However, I was wondering what your reason/s for de-badging are?

Don't misunderstand me, it has crossed my mind to do the same. I just wanted to know your thoughts on why you think its worth doing and what difference it will make?

Thanks in advance :)

You've had some good advice on how to de-badge your car.

However, I was wondering what your reason/s for de-badging are?

Don't misunderstand me, it has crossed my mind to do the same. I just wanted to know your thoughts on why you think its worth doing and what difference it will make?

Thanks in advance :)

Oh. This will be to make way for the "Turbo, Nutter Jack'n'Danny Magnet Stickers."

Don't forget the AMG badge too!

Maybe OP needs room to put on the "7 G TRONIC" badge - see the thread on the 'Bodywork' section of the forum

or maybe just because they are a pain to polish around??

sometimes MB just over do it with boot badges. Each to their own, but the likes of "GL420 CDI.......4Matic, S350 CDI......Bluetech, " is a little over kill for my liking. I could live with one on the left, but both sides? Nah...too much story going on! This not to mentioned the wing badges like Kompressor and Blue efficiency.:wallbash:

WD40 for me too. Just remember the rear Merc star is pinned on also an if removed will leave 2 little holes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom