De-Chrome on W204...gloss/matte or satin black?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkRS

Car
C63 Edition 507
Anyone got any photos of their cars that have been de-chromed? Trying to work out if on a Black 507 coupe I should go gloss black on boot handle, window surrounds and front grille or satin.

Not a fan of the chrome on the car and have specced my other MB's with night pack to get rid of it.

Car is booked in on 24th October at Boss Dog in Dorking..cost of £240 all in or so I've been told.

Hi Mark, iv got a c class coupe and iv de chromed the boot handle, led lights in the front bumper and smoked out the rear lights. i don't know how to put photos up on this but i can tell you it looks amazing. makes a big differance to the rear of the car. i would definatly get it done.

Hi Mark, iv got a c class coupe and iv de chromed the boot handle, led lights in the front bumper and smoked out the rear lights. i don't know how to put photos up on this but i can tell you it looks amazing. makes a big differance to the rear of the car. i would definatly get it done.

Did you go matte, satin or gloss? I just upload pictures using tinypic.com, really easy to do.

Mark

I went for the gloss finish, I havnt done the window surrounds yet due to the piece. For the boot handle led lights and to repair a scuff on the bumper was £219

That looks smart. £219 that's a lot? I was quoted £240 to 350 by a few companies.

If you put
after the image url it will show the image in your post ;)

Hi Mark. I had mine done very recently. I went gloss black mainly because I felt it matched the gloss black section of the front bumper and the shiny black pano roof. Very happy with the results! I have posted a pic or two on another thread somewhere but here they are so it's easier to see against any other posts for comparison. There are a few people here who have dechromed, some in gloss and some in matte and in my opinion they all look great and much better for it!

Attachments

• image-1556660249.jpg
    image-1556660249.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 152
  • image-3404268059.jpg
    image-3404268059.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 163
Hi Mark. I had mine done very recently. I went gloss black mainly because I felt it matched the gloss black section of the front bumper and the shiny black pano roof. Very happy with the results! I have posted a pic or two on another thread somewhere but here they are so it's easier to see against any other posts for comparison. There are a few people here who have dechromed, some in gloss and some in matte and in my opinion they all look great and much better for it!

First one I've seen in gloss..looks great.

Looks really nice! They've done a really good job

What colours your C63? Looks like a colour I havnt seen before?

Got this done yesterday, gloss black...£250 all in.

Before
n6t2md.jpg

xbe9g7.jpg

335azk7.jpg

dom8mp.jpg

j5xw6b.jpg

After
sqs934.jpg

2v1nndj.jpg

f2o3g8.jpg

2py71it.jpg

2uolzc1.jpg

Hi, car looks amazing, i just wanted to ask if you can remember what tint your windows were in this photo, i have a c220 in tenorite grey, i've just got some c63 alloys finished in satin, now i'm looking to tint the windows and potentially de chrome the car. Just not sure what to tint the windows, i do like the look of yours (@Beefy84)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom