Deactivate cornering lights in Star?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fagerdaal

Car
Mercedes-Benz E220CDI
Hi guys!
I have a Mercedes 211 with code 615 (cornering lights), and got a problem with my right headlight. It just stand still when i start the car, and got the fault code "Hdlmp cornering" in the dash.
Is it someone here that can tell me how to deactivate this function in star, if it`s possible? Will the fault code dissapear then? What happend if i buy some headlights without this function and install on the car?

I don`t buy new headlights, since the cost around $2500-$3000 here in Norway.. Have seen on the internet, but it still cost around $1000..

Hope for help!

Hi guys!
I have a Mercedes 211 with code 615 (cornering lights), and got a problem with my right headlight. It just stand still when i start the car, and got the fault code "Hdlmp cornering" in the dash.
Is it someone here that can tell me how to deactivate this function in star, if it`s possible? Will the fault code dissapear then? What happend if i buy some headlights without this function and install on the car?

I don`t buy new headlights, since the cost around $2500-$3000 here in Norway.. Have seen on the internet, but it still cost around $1000..

Hope for help!

Iam sure it says in handbook how to turn them off.

Iam sure it says in handbook how to turn them off.

ILS perhaps but not cornering? Even if it was turned off from the cluster menus, the fault message would not disappear.

Fagerdaal, 615 is actually active curve lights, 619 is cornering illumination but the problem was clear enough from the description.

You can disable active curve lights with DAS, cannot remember the exact menu though. And if you do purchase new head lights without this feature, you would again get a malfunction message and version coding to get rid of it.

Hi,
I might be missing something here but are you complaining the headlight doesnt go up and down when engine is started/lights switched on? this is then followed by a message stating Headlamp corning function inoperative?
I would say the O/P has fault with the headlight self levelling system, which in turn has put the corning function out of action. I don,t think you would see the headlights moving with curve illumination as it just swivels the headlight projector in the headlight, I have never actually seen mine do it unless I activate them when plugged into STAR.
This all in my honest of opinion of course.
If it is only one headlight not going up/down then the most likely hood it will be the levelling motor in that headlight, they are not stupidly expensive. If it is both headlights not going up/down then most likely it will be the front or rear suspension sensor and the connecting rod will have rusted away or snapped again not horrifically expensive.

My right headlight don`t move up and down when i start the car, my left headlight does it. I got the malfunction "Hdlmp cornering" in the display. Some times the right headlight is going to point all the way to the right at all the time.

My Star says the fault code 90B6, that the component or the lead is faulty (i think, don`t remenber exactly). When i take the up/down test on the headlights, my right lamp sometimes complete it with no fault, and sometimes it will stay to point all the way down, og all the way up. Then i go out and adjust the height of the light on the screw on top of the light, until it`s "normal" height of it, and then zero position it.

So sometimes the leveling work in Star, and sometimes don`t, and the cornering doesn`t work at all in star.

Sorry for my bad english...

This is relatively common (remembering that we tend to see broken cars!) - i.e the motors in the headlight that control left/right or up/down fail and you need a new headlight. If they fail with the light positioned in the wrong place the headlamp aim is wrong - so you can't just "disable" this function if that is what has happened.

New (or used..) headlamp and alignment :-(

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom