Dead C320!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chalpkin

Car
2001 C320 Petrol Avantgarde
F**king myopic Audi drivers! My trusty (if slightly rusty), C320 has been written off by a geriatric A5 driver who wanted to occupy my lane whilst I was still in it! The resulting collision was enough to cause £3000 worth of damage to a car worth £2500 so the flying aubergine has gone to the scrappers. I HATE Audi's!
Would have loved to replace her with another Merc C class but finding one without leather (wife gets car sick), is the proverbial needle in a haystack! So I now have a '04 SAAB 9-3 Aero automatic, tweaked to around 260bhp, so at least it's interesting, miss the build quality of the Merc if not the fuel consumption. Maybe one day when the C350 falls within my price range, I'll be back in a Mercedes again, until then, the super swede it is.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Surely leather is a good thing for vomit-prone passengers, being wipe clean. Or is it something about the leather itself that is the problem?

Surely leather is a good thing for vomit-prone passengers, being wipe clean. Or is it something about the leather itself that is the problem?
No, it's the smell of the leather that does it! My daughter is the same, put them in a car with leather seats and within a few miles both are turning green! I know that some of the advertised Merc's will be MB-tex rather than actual leather but I've learned from experience that not everyone can tell the difference and I'd rather not trapse from one side of the country to another on a wild goose chase, especially when you don't have your own transport and are relying on other people for lifts.
So for the time being, it's a swede for me.

No, it's the smell of the leather that does it! My daughter is the same, put them in a car with leather seats and within a few miles both are turning green! I know that some of the advertised Merc's will be MB-tex rather than actual leather but I've learned from experience that not everyone can tell the difference and I'd rather not trapse from one side of the country to another on a wild goose chase, especially when you don't have your own transport and are relying on other people for lifts.
So for the time being, it's a swede for me.

I don't notice any distinct smell on my leather seats? I'd have though after 10+ seats the smell would wear away, perhaps new seats I would understand?

You would think so, wouldn't you! But no, my wife recently traveled in a friends 14 year old Audi A6, it didn't go well!

That's a new one on me, but sorry to hear all the same

Enjoy the interim (noobed I expect) Saab

Maptun stage 2, BSR Optiflow cold air intake, Longlife sports exhaust, Do88 intercooler, 270-280bhp so it's fun. Just miss the solid feeling of the Merc.

Your C320 presumably had non leather seats ; getting another C Class and swapping them over might have been an option - couple of hours work at most .

Just had a look on ebay, plenty of leather interiors, not a lot of cloth seat's, but to be honest, I didn't think of that at the time, could have been a viable alternative!

If you can't get one with leather seats couldn't you put seat covers on top of the leather seats?

I've never seen a good fitting aftermarket seat cover and there's still no guarantee that they'll not get car sick! Mind you, the Saab's got half leather and they're fine with that, I think it's psycological, still, can't argue with SHMBO!

I thought that most "leather" was actually plastic man made leather?

Leather for furniture and automotive use is real : it's a huge industry and a by product of meat production .

Artico perhaps.

MB leather will be leather.

Often hard to tell the two apart on modern cars though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom