Dead Comand unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davechapman

Hi, Sorry if this has been done to death. I have just bought a CLK Convertible with a comand 2 head unit fitted (A208 820 44 89). This is dead and I am looking to replace . What is involved with fitting an aftermarket unit nothing to expensive any suggestions or do I just get another comand 2?

The Comand 2 is very outdated now and lacks many modern functions. Personally I would look for Alpine, Pioneer, Sony type units or if the budget is tight one of the chinese units eg Dynavin. Some on here have had great success with these but equally others have run into problems. As long as you don't have the Bose speaker options I think they are fairly straightforward to change.

The Comand 2 is very outdated now and lacks many modern functions. Personally I would look for Alpine, Pioneer, Sony type units or if the budget is tight one of the chinese units eg Dynavin. Some on here have had great success with these but equally others have run into problems. As long as you don't have the Bose speaker options I think they are fairly straightforward to change.
Thanks i am going along the pioneer Alpine route. Looking at various website some say I have to change amp others say you dont then there you need to change cabling due to it been fibre optic

Have a chat to Mark or Richard at comand.co.uk, they supply and fit those units, have your VIN handy so they can look up the build sheet for the car - or if you happen to live within striking distance of J3 M3 (they're about 2 miles from that junction, in Lightwater, Surrey) you could visit and get prices!

Erisin or Xtrons units look oem but have lots of functionality and have , WAZE, DAB, cameras, etc all the bells n whistles.
search ‘android head units’ on here - some have done it and can advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom