Dead Pedal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cymruambyth

Car
i have similar in mine, , the pedal has a velcro type backing, but doesnt stick well on my carpet, i guess it depends on your carpet, if velcro sticks, then go for it.

Thanks peeps....I`ll take the plunge then :)

I looked at both footrests linked above, and also at one offered by Schatz, and wasn't happy with either - the large one was way too big for my footwell, the Oz one would only work with a floor mat without left-hand-side lip, and the one from Schatz wasn't quite right for RHD (I advised them, and they have now changed the description accordingly).

In the end, I bought a set of pedals for the E class, trimmed the extra rubber from the accelerator pedal, and glued some heavy-duty velcro - it's the right shape and size and works for both the carpet and floor mat:

32046562580_5313bde303_o.jpg

32046563610_5a386983da_o.jpg

It was only about £9 for the set, and as a bonus I now have an extra brake pedal, plus a tiny parking brake one, which I am still not certain what to do with ...

GLK said:
I looked at both footrests linked above, and also at one offered by Schatz, and wasn't happy with either - the large one was way too big for my footwell, the Oz one would only work with a floor mat without left-hand-side lip, and the one from Schatz wasn't quite right for RHD (I advised them, and they have now changed the description accordingly). In the end, I bought a set of pedals for the E class, trimmed the extra rubber from the accelerator pedal, and glued some heavy-duty velcro - it's the right shape and size and works for both the carpet and floor mat: It was only about £9 for the set, and as a bonus I now have an extra brake pedal, plus a tiny parking brake one, which I am still not certain what to do with ...

That looks good. Mine doesn't have the left hand side lip on the mat but it should still do the trick. Thanks.

GLK said:
I looked at both footrests linked above, and also at one offered by Schatz, and wasn't happy with either - the large one was way too big for my footwell, the Oz one would only work with a floor mat without left-hand-side lip, and the one from Schatz wasn't quite right for RHD (I advised them, and they have now changed the description accordingly). In the end, I bought a set of pedals for the E class, trimmed the extra rubber from the accelerator pedal, and glued some heavy-duty velcro - it's the right shape and size and works for both the carpet and floor mat: It was only about £9 for the set, and as a bonus I now have an extra brake pedal, plus a tiny parking brake one, which I am still not certain what to do with ...

Looks perfect! Any links for the pedals as £9 seems very cheap.

The ebay one was a slightly different shape but looks fine and sticks in place surprisingly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom