Dealer courtesy cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizwen

Car
C32 AMG
The C32 has gone into Derby benz for a B service and I've got one of their cars. This is odd but I think the dealers deserve a pat on the back for the quality of the cars they provide.

The three times my cars been to the dealers I've had:

320 CLS
220 cdi C class estate (in red, best colour)
200 cgi E class drop top

All brand new with a few hundred miles on the clock. guess they are Demonstrators?

All really nice cars. My mate takes his X5 to BMW and gets a mini. Can't comment on the mini as I've never driven one, but he said he felt gay...

All brand new with a few hundred miles on the clock. guess they are Demonstrators?

All really nice cars. My mate takes his X5 to BMW and gets a mini. Can't comment on the mini as I've never driven one, but he said he felt gay...

The dealership may use demonstrators. But they also have a deal with Enterprise to provide MB hire cars - and if no MBs are available I think it was reported a few months back on the forium that the substitute shouldn't be competitor (so no Jags or BMs).

SWMBO once was given a Smart when her car was taken in at short notice in the late afternoon and they couldn't arrange anything else quickly.

There is also ulterior motive to it.

You drive a lovely newish demonstrator and you're so impressed you decided to buy one.

Seems like sensible marketing to me.

Perhaps one reason however to look at any low mileage ex-demonstrator with a degree of caution in so far that although nominally registered with Mr Smith of the dealer accounts section it may have had several "Italian tune ups" in the hands of customers while getting their cars serviced?

Perhaps one reason however to look at any low mileage ex-demonstrator with a degree of caution in so far that although nominally registered with Mr Smith of the dealer accounts section it may have had several "Italian tune ups" in the hands of customers while getting their cars serviced?

This has never been a problem for me. I bought my last 3 Mercs as ex demonstrators with 9 - 10k on the clock and all have done big miles with very few issues.

Saved over £10k on list price with my current E Class, with just 9k miles on the clock.

I agree re the marketing angle. They know I will be replacing mine this year and gave me a brand new E250 Cdi as a courtesy car this week. It doesn't always work though, I was completely underwhelmed by the interior, although it did drive nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom