Dealer demonstrators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kcsun

Car
SL63 AMG, GLE 350de, RS4
I am very interested in a demonstrator but cannot get a deal from the main dealer. When I have bought Audi's (the other side, sorry!!) in the past the dealership has to pay for the demonstrator after 3 or 6 months, is that the same with Mercedes?
The car was registered on the 19th March so 6 months is now looming
If they are getting close to having to stump up the cash, I may be able to get a better deal

kc

I am very interested in a demonstrator but cannot get a deal from the main dealer. When I have bought Audi's (the other side, sorry!!) in the past the dealership has to pay for the demonstrator after 3 or 6 months, is that the same with Mercedes?
If they are getting close to having to stump up the cash, I may be able to get a better deal

kc
I’m not sure about not paying for it - I think they have to buy it but at a deep discount on the basis they cannot sell the car for (I think) 3 months. If they are limited to 3 months and not 6 they’ll be keen to sell it before the new reg in Sept. I would make an offer after seeing what price Carwow / DriveTheDeal are offering on new Cars. Just plucking one at random (a diesel as they are dumping them !) DtD has a basic C200D for £ 25.5k which is a discount of £ 9.5k - they have similar discounts on other models.
Not good news for us who bought a new Merc last year but hopefully you’ll get a great deal.

There are June registration ex-demo cars for sale on the approved site.

What is the difference between a demo and a mere pre-reg?

What is the difference between a demo and a mere pre-reg?
Pre-reg have delivery miles and demo’s have a lot more. I think demo’s are often given to staff for personal use as well

kc
From memory, main dealers have to commit to a minimum amount of cars per month/quarter.

Another example may be pending road tax change/s which could render a new car value significantly less;
like on March 2017, a lot of diesel cars got registered so they could be taxed ongoing for about £30/pa for example.

These dealers are a joke, I have shown massive interest in this car, had a test drive and drunk their coffee. Have said come back with your best price and after 10 days and two chasing phone calls I still have not received anything!!
I just looked tonight and they have reduced the car on the website by another £1000 and not even bothered to tell me

I think a call to the new car sales manager is in order

kc

These dealers are a joke, I have shown massive interest in this car, had a test drive and drunk their coffee. Have said come back with your best price and after 10 days and two chasing phone calls I still have not received anything!!
I just looked tonight and they have reduced the car on the website by another £1000 and not even bothered to tell me

kc
They do not deserve your custom, move on...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

kc
My 1976 Audi 100GL was a demonstrator ( 9 months old at the time , being sold before the registration gave it away ) ; I got a good deal chopping in my 6 month old Austin All-Aggro for it , with minimal difference to pay , although that was 40+ years ago , so forgive me for not remembering the details , beyond the All-Aggro was WLS 422R , and the Audi ( which I kept for about 10 years ) was RLS 767P . And after that , my sister bought the Audi off me and kept it for a further 5 years .

kc

Sounds like a prereg not an (ex) demo.

There are June registration ex-demo cars for sale on the approved site.
...and if you try to buy them at the advertised price you will be told that they’re not available until September.

Thanks for all your replies. i will batter the dealer tomorrow. May become a returning MB owner soon

kc

I know it's been said already, but have you spoken to James (member JBD)?

kc
When I was looking to get an A45, Mercedes Brokklands offered to sell me their demonstrator. They wouldnt budge on the price and also said I could only have it in 3 months time as their replacement was delayed. Went to Lookers, got a discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom