Dealer Discounts - AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jrmuk

Car
911 carrera S
Hi everyone,

I am about to place an order for a new C63 AMG coupe, my local dealership in the UK has told me that the AMG cars are not discounted and therefore the price is non negotiable, in my experience everything is negotiable but wanted to ask here, what, if any, discounts or deals forum members have managed to negotiate specifically for the AMG range

I think your local dealer might not sell too many with that stance
8% seems very gettable
Some get over 10% depending on circumstances
Good luck
And as others have mentioned finance deals are very keen

Hi everyone,

I am about to place an order for a new C63 AMG, my local dealership in the UK has told me that the AMG cars are not discounted and therefore the price is non negotiable, in my experience everything is negotiable but wanted to ask here, what, if any, discounts or deals forum members have managed to negotiate.

The dealer offered me a discount £6635.74 but only if I took the PCP deal but that is the advertised discount every dealer is offering and I think that is underwritten by MB not the dealer. I want to add around £2500 worth of options and thought I could negotiate them as FOC as that is around 5% at list price and probably less what the dealers actually pay but there was a shake of the head followed by "AMG models are never discounted"

I have looked at a couple of broker websites and I called one of the well known ones but the advertised discounts were not forth coming, the best I could get was around £2500 off but I had to pay to get the dealers details and there was no delivery guarantee and the dealer could be anywhere.

I like my dealer and would like to use them so I wanted some anecdotal evidence of discounts others had received to try to force his hand.

BTW I haven't stopped smiling since the test drive and I drive a 911 carrera S so that tells you how good I think the C63 is

C63 amg mercs are luring 911 owners to sell their 911s whatever next !

Not sure how merc finance is a rip off, 5% is really low!

Anyway, I have ordered an SLK55 AMG on a pcp, and got the offered discount, which I think is £4.5k from memory, and then on top of that I got a further £1.5k and dealer fitted rear parking sensors (apparently worth £150) thrown in.

This is Worcester merc, they too said at first there as no discount, but then when I went back to do a deal, they gave the above, dangle an order in front of them and I can't see them turning it down in this climate.

Hi, there were some fantastic deals to be had a couple of months ago, but it seems they may be drying up a bit. Looking about the advertised broker (contract hire or finance) deals are certainly creeping up.

When I was looking for mine an extra 4k discount (on top of the MB agility contribution) was available through brokers and dealers were able to offer at least 2.

I was under the impression dealer margins were the same for AMG/non amg models. Maybe they just assumed you were used to hearing the "no discount" message from Porsche? :)

Dartford told me the price was non-negotable as they can sell all there cars. So I called Birmingham and got a discount.

The £7 train fare and 3 hour drive home was great fun.

You may like the dealer, but they don't like you - go somewhere else....

Simon M could I ask what discount you negotiated?

I'm expecting my dealer to match anything another main dealer offers or obviously I will walk.

Sorry to say but the C63 is not better than my Porsche, it's just different, it's a better everyday car and easier to drive fast but for all round raw speed and cornering the 911 has it.

someone got 18% on here the other day
think your dealer will struggle to meet that
i got double figures from maidstone and others in the same group were fighting for the order
youre dealer sounds rather lazy ...light a bonfire under him hehe!

Hi everyone,

I am about to place an order for a new C63 AMG coupe, my local dealership in the UK has told me that the AMG cars are not discounted and therefore the price is non negotiable, in my experience everything is negotiable but wanted to ask here, what, if any, discounts or deals forum members have managed to negotiate specifically for the AMG range

Sounds like the dealer has already lied to you?

I would not buy anything from them.

excellent detailed analysis !:thumb:

Glad you were taken in by it :p

Personal experience. The last time I was in a showroom a couple of weeks back I was offered APR rates of 11.5% and 12.5% against an approved used car (complete with the annoying sets of 'fees' that always seem to be tagged on). Compared to that the C63 rate of 4.9% looks goods. However the rub seems to be that you have to take exactly that deal, so you can't for example make a larger down payment as then you get offered a different rate. That said, I count myself out of that league anyway! Your talking in the region of £10,000 a year for 3 years (including the initial deposit and servicing costs) and then someone tells you that you are only allowed to drive the car 10,000 miles annually. You pays yer money and all that I guess...

Regarding options pricing, I was told by my dealer that they only make 8% on options. Whether this is true or not, or even specific only to the option I was enquiring about (LSD - and yes I did add it) I do not know.

One thing I do know for sure is that MB, like all car companies, make healthy profits from options!

However the rub seems to be that you have to take exactly that deal, so you can't for example make a larger down payment as then you get offered a different rate. That said, I count myself out of that league anyway! Your talking in the region of £10,000 a year for 3 years (including the initial deposit and servicing costs) and then someone tells you that you are only allowed to drive the car 10,000 miles annually. You pays yer money and all that I guess...

I was able to change the deal around and still get 5%, also the mileage can be changed, 10k is just the default amount. I guess the more deposit you put in, the higher the interest rate will be as there is less outstanding balance for them to profit from the interest on.

I was able to change the deal around and still get 5%, also the mileage can be changed, 10k is just the default amount. I guess the more deposit you put in, the higher the interest rate will be as there is less outstanding balance for them to profit from the interest on.

Actually, when I bought my car, on agility, I put 20000 down and still got the 3.9% that was the going rate for the cls at the time (Feb 2010), the "dealer contribution" of around 5000. Over the 3 years the total to pay is 23500ish and a 21500 final payment if I want to keep it. Monthly is 114GBP.
The point being if they want to, they can adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom