Dealer Not Being Completly Honest???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

My C63 whent in to a dealer on Monday. Its a 15 month old C63 in great condition, just some gripes I had.
The dealer isnt the dealer I purchased it from but is closest to me.

The following are the issues raised.

1. Tracking out. Car pulls to left, steering wheel at "5 to 12" while driving. I took it to a mate that has a Hunter 4 wheel setup and it showed its out by about 5 degrees. Purchasing dealer has agreed to pay repairing dealer for tracking and new front tyres. Repairing dealer stated when I first took the car to be looked over in December "We dont have tracking equipement here etc so we take cars localy to have tracking and tyres done so would need car a couple of dys with other issues too.
  2. Car juddering when pulling away slowly or slowly stopping, possible clutch. "software needs updateing, 5 hours online with Germany"
  3. Gracenote grayed out and not showing album art no matter what. Dealer said "software needs updateing, 5 hours online with Germany"
  4. In Mercedes apps, England or UK does not exist. Dealer said "software needs updateing, 5 hours online with Germany"
  5. Sat Nav maps where not updated at point of sale as I requested. "software needs updateing, 5 hours online with Germany"
  6. Tune2Air app works on pc, saves book mark stations and plays them. In car the same bookmarks are seen, can select them but then get "No radio available" message. Dealer said "software needs updateing, 5 hours online with Germany"
  7. DAB reception poor. Dealer said "software needs updateing, 5 hours online with Germany".
  8. Parking brake doesnt hold car well. Dealer will investigate.
  9. Bonnet hard to close on the left. Dealer will investigate.

I have a tracker I fitted to the car and so I get a web page showing where the car travels every 50 meters or every turn of 30 degress or more and also speeds at that point. I also get a text if car moves or leaves Mercedes dealer.
Car shows from Monday, the car has only left the dealer once and traveld about 1/4 mile up and down the road outside the dealer, then back in for a day (Test drive I guess.)
It was put outside at 3.18pm yesterday, Tuesday and hasnt moved since.
Today I get a call from dealer, about 3.30pm saying " We have checked the tracking and its ok, within specification." How? they said they didnt have the equipment nor has the car been anywhere? I asked why is the steering wheel out and pulling to the left and I have a report showing it out. They said "ohhh? I will double check and can you send us the report. The car drove fine and straight" I then asked about the judder, they said "We are trying to get another C63 in so we can compair them as we dont know if its ok or not"

What would you guys do???

Take it back to where I bought it from. They got my $$, it's them I have the relationship with.

Hi,

Normally I would but the supplying dealer is a 4 hour round trip and I was under the impression that any desler would cover warrenty, if not, whats the point of buying from the dealer and not just a back street garage. Yeah if its not fixed I might go back to the supplying dealer but it shouldnt be all down to me to do the leg work and why is the currently not telling the truth? Should I get MB uk to look at this???

Call their bluff, then take the car elsewhere for the work...

How do you mean? Get them to say they have done the work then take it somewhere else or ask for it back before they fix it?

Maybe call up the supplying Dealer and ask to speak with somebody senior, possibly even the Salesman you bought the car through [if that was a good experience] and discuss things with them in a calm way. Tell them what you have outlined here.

Wheel alignment can be tricky WIM, have a very good rep. for tricky Mercs.

The supplying dealer is happy to do the work but they are 4 hours away and my car is in a locl dealer here :0(

As Beetnik says, suck it up and take it back to the supplying dealer. A 4 hour round trip isn't much, at least you've got a decent car to do it in..

You seem to be under the impression that Mercedes dealers are all one big happy family, I think that's far from the case. I have two dealers within striking distance, owned by different parent companies so they are in effect in competition with each other. Let's imagine you've bought your car from one and taken it to the other - they now have to sort out a bunch of problems on a car that they've made no profit from, and can probably only claim a minimal amount back from MB (again, shorn of profit) after filling in the forms. Probably explains why they're not so keen to accommodate you.

It sucks, but hey, that's the way the world works..

Cheers,

Gaz

Unless you've moved then presumably you factored the 4 hours in when you made the purchase? In which case you should be content to make the trip.

The more I read about the dealer, the more glad I am that I have a ten year old model, and won't be needing the dealers.

The trader who sold me my car has been excellent in paying to rectify a fault which occurred in my first week of ownership, I think he puts MB to shame!

i would suggest

1) maybe if you found an associated/parent dealer from where you brought the car from, but is closer to you.(i.e if you brought it from a sytner or evans halshaw for example) they may be more helpful.
2.) If the dealer you purchased it from said they are happy to do the work you could try and get them to collect and drop of your car
3.) Give the big boy benz a ring and explain your situation and how you are a loyal customer and are dissatisfied with the service you are receiving.

My biggest issue would be haveing toi take a day off, no py, to drop the car off etc unless the supplying deler can pick it up and drop off a courtcy car?

Post #11, No 2) Pay them a little extra for a transporter if you have to....

Why should I pay for them to fix faults under warrenty????

I think at the heart of this is that the issues listed aren't claimable under warranty and so your local dealer won't be able to claim for the time and effort required.

They're issues which should have been sorted by the dealer before sale, or risk not doing them and wait for customer to notice, and be bothered to pursue.

thebig1 said:
My biggest issue would be haveing toi take a day off, no py, to drop the car off etc unless the supplying deler can pick it up and drop off a courtcy car?

Surely if you can afford a C63 a days unpaid work should not hurt your wallet that much mate or are you just a little tight? Take the car back to the supplying dealer..end off

All but the tracking are warrenty.
Juddering clutch on a 1 year old car, 11K miles = warrenty.
Gracenote not enabled = warrenty
Unable to select UK for contry of origin = warrenty.

Only the tracking could be classed as not but I highlited it to the supplying dealer they day after I got it and they are happy to pay for it.
So the repairing dealer will get the same payment from MB as the supplying one will but could make money out of the tracking and tyres.
I think its more of a case of why is the repairing dealer lieing to me???

Surely if you can afford a C63 a days unpaid work should not hurt your wallet that much mate or are you just a little tight? Take the car back to the supplying dealer..end off

Its not that, again, why should I loose money for issues with a car that are not my fault????
Its the principal! I am very busy at work and a day off is a major issue, effects lots of other people!

There is no way I would have muppets like that looking after my cars...I would get it out of that dealer asap....lots of horror stories on here about certain dealers in the UK, which dealer is the car at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom