Dealer offer - B Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian_Mac

I've just had the following text come through

"Save up to £4,320 on B-Class from Mercedes-Benz of Sunderland. Limited availability, colours & spec. Take advantage of this never to be repeated offer now."

Someone out there may be in the Market for one.

Someone posted the other day that they've stopped making them now.

crockers said:
Had the same txt from MB Swindon.

It's part of the same group I think. When the folks were looking I rang Sunderland about a C class they had on their website only to be told it was the Swindon branch which actually had the car.

Not so. Still taking factory orders. New model not till 2012. New A class will come first.

Dealer told him MB have stopped production to tool up for the BLK. I'm struggling to believe it - there's not much on the BLK on the web since about 2008. I have to say that one passed me by completely.

Dealer told him MB have stopped production to tool up for the BLK. I'm struggling to believe it - there's not much on the BLK on the web since about 2008. I have to say that one passed me by completely.

Exactly - Mrs E was all for putting money on the table but when told that production had stopped and there were limited options, etc, she decided not to. Now the dealer may be right or wrong, but he knew she wanted to do the deal and there was no benefit to him of putting a purchase off for a year. He even worked really hard to get her into a used one or one of the "special offer" ones but she wasn't interested (I'd got bored by that time....was dreaming what I could spend her money on instead of me financing her for a change).

Could be I suppose. This will be the best kept MB secret I've seen if they do the B before the A class. Other way round last time. Maybe they plan something for the Frankfurt Show? New ML is supposed to be there. Only recent stuff I've seen suggests the BLK (4x4 version of B class) was planned for 2013 but who knows?

Perhaps the PCP deals on their website only relate to cars already built?

New B class will come towards the end of this year. The unveling in scheduled for around July/August.

They were also talking about the new MFA platform at Paris this year (Mercedes Front-drive Architecture IIRC) and how it will first been seen on the new B/BLK - I'm told the new moniker is BLK-class but who knows.

There are spy-shots and such on the net. I'd expect the same styling cues (headlights, rear arch, nose, etc) as we've seen come through recently. There is some rumour from my colleagues that there may be a small saloon based on the same platform but a lot about this B-class is being played close to the chest.

The 4WD BLK is intriguing - wonder if we'll miss out on that in the UK, yet again?

Are they Renault engines? Or Nissan designed engines now built by Renault since they became partners?

Russ

It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't Renault engines, in the future the smaller engined Vitos will be sourced from our French neighbours.:rolleyes:

Yup thats the rear totally uncovered and here is the front and side. Big market and (last I heard) the B class has done well. New one looks much better!

2012-mercedes-benz-b-class-w246-2.jpg

2012-mercedes-benz-b-class-w246-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom