Dealer Service Cost/ Gearbox fluid change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E280 CDi Sport
A quick question, well two actually -

1. Price of a C service - quoted by dealer at £800 in Hamilton and same dealer in Ayr at £500? Does this seem correct as it seems a lot for an A service plus a v-belt change?

2. Been told I need to have the fluid changed n the box, a 7G with 26k on the clock. Is this correct? Been told this is approx £300.

To keep the 12 month dealer approved warranty car requires servicing at main dealer. Had the car 6 months.

Any advice welcome.

I thought that the gearbox fluid change was at 40k so possibly it could be done at the next service. It pays to shop around.

my car is saying 'A0' A is for the service and the 0 is for a gearbox oil and filter change mine car will be around the 37k mile mark

If the car is 4 years old, it will require ATF change regardless of mileage?

It all depends on the year of your car.

My latest MB Official Workshop - Fixed Price Servicing shows for E-Class:
Minor Service: £249.00
Major Service: £349.00

Additionally, assuming you're on the Assyst Plus service schedule, you'll also have to pay:
Every 2 years: renew brake fluid (£99.00)
replace combination filter (£43)
Once at 3 years / 37,500 miles: replace auto oil & filter (£251)
Every 4 years or 37,500: replace spark plugs (£175)
or 50,000: replace air filter (£105)
or 50,000: replace fuel filter (£120)

The prices I've shown are for the 6-cylinder E-Class which I assume you have. There's no mention in the price list of a V-belt change.

So depending on the mileage and age of the car, you could have to spend up to £1142 for a service
eek.gif
The only minor consolation is that all these prices include VAT!

Whether or not you can you can reduce the costs by providing oil, filters, plugs and fluids yourself I don't know. I guess you have to talk to the dealer about that.

Thanks guys. That's a power of info.

Now I know what I should be paying. However it is a scary amount, considering I normally do my own servicing. Using the dealer to keep the warranty.

Just read through the price list again. According to the list gearbox was due filter and oil at 3 years or 37k. As my car is 4 years and only 26k, the change was due last year, so the dealer missed the change? That should be an interesting call tomorrow!

ATF change is usually 37500 - 45000 miles or 4 years of age, which ever is sooner

According to the list gearbox was due filter and oil at 3 years or 37k.
Correct on 7G boxes!

As my car is 4 years and only 26k, the change was due last year, so the dealer missed the change?

Conveniently and cost reasons, yes! I bet they are just relying on you not to pick up on this and come up with some BS that it's a mileage interval :mad:

You can put the car's details in here and it will detail the work required. Mercedes-Benz ESS

Most dealers (but not all it seems) will negotiate quite heavily on service pricing once the car is out of its initial 3yr warranty.

Thanks for the info. However on the ESS page it wont let me put the service type shown in as C and it is defaulting to a B service. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? It could be me as I aint having a good Mercedes dealer day.

It can say A,B,C,D,E on the car, but they revert to A or B on ess,
B is major plus other additional work at extra charge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom