Dealer service prices and quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To be honest, with a 7 year old car, I don't know why you're even calling the dealer - what the point? They're never going to be cheaper than an indie (otherwise the indie's would go out of business) and the indie will probably do a better job.

My wife's Honda CR-V is now approaching its 7th birthday....Has always been maintained by the main dealer.

Last summer there was a knocking from the front. They took it in ...said it was the anti roll bar couplings (£225) - changed those - still knocking - charge £0......
I read on a notice board it could be the bushings - so asked for them to be changed £55 - still knocking so I paid as I asked for it to be done.
They then suggested changing to top of the strut £250 ....did this - still knocking so they changed everything on that side - knocking gone

Bill to me £250....parts discounted to cost - labour £0..

Now that is service and her car will be back there for its next service.....so in our case it is worth keeping the car serviced by the main dealer.

Oh each time we had a loan car too......4 days worth of free car hire.....

My wife's Honda CR-V is now approaching its 7th birthday....Has always been maintained by the main dealer.

...and so has our Jazz. Just had it's 5yr service (simple oil change plus checks). Not cheap for £160 but the price included a year's HondaCare recovery which saved me £70 I had been paying to cover the car with Brittania Rescue. So Mercedes Mobilio isn't so unique.

My earlier comments were Mercedes specific. Nothing I've ever read about Mercedes would lead me to believe that you'd have got the same treatment from a Mercedes dealer as you got from the Honda dealer.

I asked our Honda dealer about extending the 3 year warranty on the Jazz and he told me (off the record, obviously) not to bother as it was most unlikely anything would go wrong and even if it did, they would take care of me.

I've only ever had one slight disagreement with one of the service advisors at the Honda dealer. She left and turned up at...my Mercedes dealership. Doh!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom