Dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iank

Car
Volvo S80
Hi,
After viewing and testing a number of cars I decided to replace my Volvo S80 with a E270 CDI and in January I placed an order with the local dealer for delivery in early September 2003 and at the same time I gave them a deposit. The only thing I have received from the dealer to date to say I have an E270 ordered is the order form which I got at the time of placing the order. I was not even given a receipt for my deposit. I have never received a letter, welcome pack or anything from the dealer which totally contrasts with the Volvo dealership.
In addition over the past weekend I purchased a new Toyota for my wife. All the documentation was completed on the same day and my wife was given a leather bound welcome pack. In addition, two days later she received a thank you note from the Toyota dealer for her custom.
Considering that this is supposed to be a dealer of prestige cars I am very disappointed in the service received so far and this obviously raises concerns about service in the future. I hope that the car is better than the lack of service I have received so far. I am seriously considering a refund of my deposit and purchasing a BMW, Audi or another Volvo.
Is this just me or do Merc dealers consider themselves high and almighty.

:(

Don't read too much or you'll come to the conclusion Mercedes dealer service is crap and will take your money elsewhere.

I personally cannot afford to buy new, so can only speak for the car's themselves which are great, and listen to others when it comes to Service but the bad tales easily out weigh the good. Like I havn't heard a good story.

Don't take it personally !

I totally agree with you - Mercedes sales are higher than they have ever been before. It has got to their heads and the salesmen are just getting way too cocky.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot that you can do about it, but 9 times out of 10 the service department are normally very efficient !

BMW and Volvo are grateful of any orders at the moment and so they will make you feel special. Don't turn down a superior car just because of some snooty dealer !

Dont get me started!

first time i encountered a merc dealer was Dussledorf!

at the time i was driving a Black BMW M3, drove to a massive dealership and was totally shunned by the sales staff as i drove up in a BMW even tho we said we were interested in buying a E55! then went to the BMW showroom and they treated me like god! they saw the car and they sat us down and gave us drinks and even offered to wash the car as it was filthy! Merc dealers Suck!

as for Mercedes GB (or Daimler chrysler uk) they have no control over the dealerships and when i made a complaint, all they did was refer me back to the same dealership and told me to speak to the manager, which was a useless exercise!

basically i ordered parts, and the parts guy got the number wrong of the part, and when i went to return it, he point blank refused and said i had given him the wrong number!

stay clear of Lancaster Romford!

I can't let you run down ALL dealers.

Mine couldn't be nicer, I know that I am on my forth new MB, but the manager calls me by my first name, the salesman couldn't be more helpful.

When I ordered this new one I didn't even pay a deposit.:cool:

I only got the copy of the order form, the rest starts to arrive when the car is "Allocated" by the manufacturer.

Don't despair IT IS WORTH THE WAIT M8.:bannana: :bannana:

Fair do`s... one good dealer then ;)

mind you Lancaster in stratford parts department are very good!

and collindale mercedes

so not all of them are bad! but the few tarnish the lot

I don't have any complaints with my stealership, I'm sure Steve_bcs will confirm, Whitefield are good. Remember they are just people doing their jobs! Are you 100% perfect at your job 100% of the time? I have been to garages that have messed up my handbrake so it came on randomly and locked my wheels up when I was driving! I have been to garages that have set fire to my car interior! I really think people expect way too much from their stealerships, please go easy on them, they are not as bad as you might think or indeed as bad as they could be.

Thanks for the replies, however I would be interested to know if there are any good dealers in the Midlands, Gloucestershire or South Wales. I would like to buy the car, however I would like to buy it from a dealership that responds to your custom. I would have been quite happy if they had acknowledged the fact that I was purchasing from them. It certainly would have boosted my confidence especially after seeing the excellent service my wife got from the Toyota dealer and also considering she would like me to buy her an SLK sometime in the future.

When you are spending a lot of money it is nice to know you are buying the right thing. Buying something is not neccessarily the same as being SOLD something. Isn't it nice to have someone try to sell you something you already want? It just confirms that you were right to want it all along and that buying it is the best thing you can do. This is what some salespeople need to learn! It is not the buying but the selling that is important, we are not just buyers we are sellees, and as such we want to be sold something, not just buy it!

Since I've had my E I've been to 2 dealers. Both were excellent. My local dealer bends over backwards to help and offered me a lot of advice when I was looking to get my 190, for nothing in return.

There's always going to be some bad dealers whatever make of car you get (unless it's Alfa, in which case most are rubbish) so don't let one bad experience put you off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom